Senior Director, Tax
Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Regular Full-Time
CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
The position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, annual tax provisions, accounting for income taxes and all tax correspondence. This is a growing two-person department that will oversee external relationships while bringing in-house some of our outsourced responsibilities.
The role is hands-on and entrepreneurial in nature. Responsibilities include fine-tuning the Company’s internal tax practices, while working closely with our outside Tax Partners for preparation of all State and Federal returns. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will take an active role in the business and enjoys being involved in many levels throughout the organization including the Accounting, Legal and Creative departments.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for compliance, planning and filings for all tax matters.
- Coordinate preparation and payment of annual federal, state, international and local tax returns. Ensure timely and proper direct and indirect tax compliance globally.
- Oversee internal tax team and point of contact for external Tax partners.
- Manage, negotiate, and resolve external tax audits.
- Lead efforts to strategically optimize global tax structure to maximize tax benefits, increase after tax cash flows, minimize and mitigate tax and withholding tax exposures.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740), quarterly tax provision, return to provision, income tax reserves (FIN 48), tax contingencies (ASC 450), footnotes and all tax disclosures for audited financial statements
- Research and document various tax issues for federal, state, and local income tax compliance and prepare internal memorandums for management regarding tax research findings
- Perform tax planning and due diligence for issues related to acquisitions
- Manage the preparation of U.S. transfer pricing documentation, ensuring compliance with foreign offices domestic requirement, and implementation of policies
- Ensure compliance and timely filing of the necessary foreign taxes
- Prepare and oversee various filings including payments, sales and use tax returns, property taxes, withholding and VAT
- Analyze and monitor tax legislation and inform management of the tax provision and cash tax impacts
What you need:
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred (CPA preferred)
- 7 – 10 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact and coordinate activities with multiple people and departments over multiple time zones and locations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- A professional, respectful, pleasant, and friendly demeanor
- Good judgment, particularly with respect to confidential matters
- General agreement and acceptance of the Company’s core values
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures