CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
The Senior Accountant will monitor Recorded Music revenue and assist in the preparation of financial reporting and proper documentation for interim and year-end audits.
What you’ll do:
- Record revenue accruals based on historical data in accordance with ASC 606
- Reconcile accruals versus actuals for different distributors at the Digital Service Provider level
- Analyze and reconcile licensing revenue between FileMaker, Salesforce, and NetSuite
- Assist in preparation of monthly revenue summary reports by revenue type and distributors
- Serve as team lead through the review of work performed by Staff Revenue Accountant
- Reconcile monthly schedules on various balance sheet accounts and research discrepancies
- Calculate monthly return reserves on physical sales based on waterfall rates by label group
- Other general accounting tasks as needed
- Excellent general ledger accounting, reconciliation, and analytical skill with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding communication and organization skills are required
- Able to handle multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree specializing in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Prior entertainment experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- General agreement and acceptance of the Company’s core values
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off (28 days holiday), parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.