CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publishers Boosey & Hawkes and Sikorski Music Publishing, which include the works of renowned composers John Adams, Leonard Bernstein, Unsuk Chin, Anna Clyne, Aaron Copland, Karl Jenkins, Serge Prokofieff, Steve Reich and Igor Stravinsky.
The Rental Services department at Boosey & Hawkes has a customer base of over 7,000 organisations and individuals throughout the UK, Europe and ROW, and has relationships with agents in key territories. Sheet music is supplied on hire to customers of all types e.g., soloists, composers, conductors, promoters, orchestras, opera and ballet companies.
Job Title: Rental Services Manager (18 month fixed term, with possible potential to extend)
Reports to: VP, Rental Services
Supported by: Rental Services Coordinator, Rental Services Associate
Interfaces with: Promotion, Publishing and Grand Rights teams
As of: 1 April 2024
To co-ordinate & monitor the daily activity of the Rental Services team to ensure optimal customer service and efficiency and to escalate issues to the VP, Rental Services as required. To assume overall responsibility for Rental Library stock management and the accurate and timely supply of rental materials to customers. Works under moderate supervision.
What you’ll do
- Team co-ordination:
- monitoring the pipeline of orders and overseeing team members’ daily and weekly goals to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness and good customer service
- keeping VP, Rental Services informed of team’s progress and issues arising
assist VP, Rental Services in solving problems and improving processes
- Decision Making:
- allocation of tasks to other team members, taking into account the week’s volume of work, contingency planning for sudden increases in volume of orders, and any special project tasks
- oversight of special projects involving rental team
- deciding whether to print new, or re-use existing, material
- Stock management:
- assume chief responsibility for managing all rental stock to ensure cost-effective deployment and re-deployment of stock and timely supply of material to customers.
- produce orders for new material from all suppliers
- ensure revision notice action points are carried out swiftly
- maintain oversight of the system for recalling stock and monitoring progress with recalls
monitor progress with orders lodged with all suppliers, including Publishing department, and other publishers we represent.
- handling routine telephone enquiries
- responding to general email/web-based queries
What you’ll need to succeed
- Work well in a team, and have supervisory experience
- Good organisation and time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have experience of managing budgets effectively. Experience of cost control and budget forecasting is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of classical music to at least A level standard
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite effectively, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience of using Zendesk preferable, as is an understanding of, and familiarity with, databases.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when entering data
- Experience of customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have drive & energy
This is not an exhaustive list of all activities worked on but is a guide to the individual’s responsibilities.
At Concord, we offer competitive salary, private medical and dental insurance, generous time off, charity match, paid time off for volunteering and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role. Please send your CV and covering letter to Bevis.Hungate@boosey.com
Closing date: 19 February 2024
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, gender assignment, marital status, pregnancy, disability, race, religion, sex as required by law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.