Concord Recorded Music UK is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join their London team as Product/Marketing Manager reporting to MD, Concord Recorded Music, UK.
Company and Department Overview
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
Concord Recorded Music is comprised of five active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP.
The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.3% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles.
Concord Recorded Music UK are responsible for building the brands of Concord’s labels and catalogue within the UK market. Alongside our label and distribution partners, maximising sales potential and career development within the UK for Concord Artists, and catalogue.
The Product/Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for developing and executing UK marketing plans for Concord’s recording artists. The role is primarily concerned with initiating owned marketing plans, but also overseeing plans put forward by UK partner labels. The role reports into the MD of Concord Recorded Music UK, working closely with US & UK colleagues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Product/Marketing Manager
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for Concord artists.
- Oversee marketing campaigns executed by partner label marketing teams
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with International and US Label marketing teams
- Manage marketing budget submission both internally and overseeing those submitted by distribution partners
- Adapt US assets and commission new creative content across campaigns where necessary
- Work with distributor sales teams to set campaign sales targets.
- Source and manage external promo teams for in-house campaigns
- Work closely with internal teams, Digital Marketing, Sync, International, as well as external partners
- Work closely with Digital marketing and Advertising Manager to build audience growth and social media strategies to grow fanbases, and maximise engagement.
- Analyse performance of releases and report regular updates about campaigns to UK and US colleagues.
- Oversee setup of physical and digital production
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years’ experience in UK label marketing roles.
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work well under pressure.
- A strong working knowledge of all facets of the music industry.
- Proven track record of developing artists in the UK
- Proven track record of delivering successful UK marketing campaigns
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Experience working with labels, artists and managers
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to the US and Europe multiple times a year.
- Health insurance
- 28 days holiday
London, WC2A 2HN
Friday 6 August 2019
How to Apply:
Send CV and covering letter to CareersUK@concord.com quoting reference ZZA-RM1907.A4 in the email subject line