CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active songwriters, composers, and recording artists and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Position Purpose: This role will support the U.S. music publishing business for Concord and will primarily be responsible for assisting with the managing of publishing contracts, fielding of inquiries and the maintenance of various tracking reports for a subset of the songwriter/composer roster. This position reports to and works under moderate supervision of the Sr. Director, Publishing Business & Legal Affairs, who manages the contracts for the U.S. publishing business in New York (including the U.S. roster of songwriters and catalogs managed by the New York-based A&R team, the classical music composer roster and catalogs for Boosey & Hawkes in New York, and certain legacy publishing catalogs).
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Sr. Director, Publishing Business & Legal Affairs, in providing business and legal affairs administration support for the U.S. publishing business (primarily, the songwriter and composer roster and publishing catalogs managed by the New York-based publishing team)
- Assist with preparing and maintaining reports and tracking mechanisms, including for the purpose of tracking new agreements, upcoming options and expirations, delivery requirements, advance triggering events, recoupment positions, and other material terms)
- Manage the contract administration responsibilities for a subset of the U.S. publishing business
- Interact with other depts. to ensure proper administration of contracts and related deliverables: e.g., proper registration, royalty administration, etc.
- Prepare contract summaries
- Respond to songwriter client inquiries in collaboration with A&R, Copyright, Royalty, Client Services and/or
- Prepare and track invoices for contractual payments
- Maintain publishing files and records in accordance with company’s document storage and retention policy
- Provide support to the rest of the publishing business & legal affairs department as needed
What you’ll need:
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in the music publishing business, preferably in rights management and/or administration
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proactive, adaptive, and positive
- Proficient in Microsoft products and services, including Word, Excel, Power BI, Outlook, and cloud-based document management platforms
- Salary Range: $48,000 – 55,000
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.