Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
CONCORD MUSIC PUBLISHING represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
Concord is looking to employ a full time Paralegal in London for its music publishing division. The role will involve providing legal and business affairs support to Concord’s London based Business Affairs team, with a focus primarily on the pop division but also spanning Boosey & Hawkes (classical) and Concord FTV (film and television music) divisions. The successful candidate will also be called on to support other areas of Concord’s Music Publishing division as required, particularly in connection with the acquisition of new catalogues of all genres.
- Assisting with all aspects of legal & business affairs work for Concord FTV including:
- Gathering documents and information necessary to close deals;
- Summarise new deals and communicate terms with relevant Concord departments;
- Update and maintain spreadsheets to track existing publishing agreements;
- Establishing/maintain files and folders related to publishing matters, including precedent agreements;
- Assist with acquisition due diligence and agreement exhibits, closing checklists, and post-closing matter;
- Assist with drafting of contractual amendments, option exercises, end of term notices/similar.
- Proof read documents;
- Arrange payment of invoices;
- Primary point of communication for matters between BA and Copyright Department;
- Help manage enforcement of Concord’s intellectual property rights;
- Manage and handle adaptation and arrangement requests with respect to Concord’s catalogue; and
- Miscellaneous Business Affairs functions, including direct support of SVP and VP, Business Affairs.
- Entertainment/media industry and/or commercial contracts experience (either in-house or at a law firm) with a strong interest to work in the music industry.
- Law degree or equivalent training.
- Someone bright, personable, commercially-minded, with good organisational and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the tenacity to follow things through and the ability to multi-task and prioritise a busy and varied work-load.
- Competitive salary
- Private medical and dental insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Hybrid working schedule
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
Concord is proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. This means equal opportunity to be hired, promoted or progressed in any way within our business, along with providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination or retaliation, based on an individual’s race, colour, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
Application Details: Please send a CV to our agent Nick Wasserman of Handle Recruitment using the link provided. Please note that any direct applications will be forwarded to Handle for their consideration on our behalf.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days of application. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, though, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone, but we will try our very best.