Concord Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading music publishers, with offices in London, New York, LA, Nashville and Berlin.
The Acting Head of Business Affairs will oversee all legal and business affairs aspects of Imagem’s and Bicycle Music’s pop division in the UK, reporting to the MD of Imagem Music UK.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
- Overseeing the running of the Business Affairs Department for Bicycle Music and Imagem’s pop division;
- Negotiating, drafting and concluding a wide range of agreements including exclusive song-writing, administration, sub-publishing and ancillary agreements;
- Handling infringements of copyright and instructing external counsel where necessary;
- Conducting regular internal meetings with respect to copyright issues and contractual option dates;
- Ensuring contractual option dates are monitored and oversee production of monthly report;
- If requested, representing Imagem at any relevant collection society advisory groups;
- Monitoring development of and supervising Business Affairs Assistant;
- Advising on the intra-group flow of rights and drafting any associated contractual documentation;
- Ensuring pertinent contractual information is distributed to relevant departments of Imagem.
- Acting as point of contact for contractual/legal queries across all departments of Imagem and Bicycle Music in the UK.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Qualified solicitor under the law of England and Wales;
- 5 years or more PQE, with at least 3 years’ experience of music publishing matters;
- Motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual who enjoys working in a friendly but fast-paced, team environment.
Please email Jane.Monksfield@imagem.com to apply for this role.