Concord Music is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, acquisition, and management of recorded music, music publishing, and theatrical performance rights.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin, and Cleveland, Concord Music has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Label Manager, Australia
This position is based in Melbourne, Australia and local candidates will be considered.
With its diverse roster of developing and legendary artists, Concord is home to an amazing collection of record labels consisting of Loma Vista Recordings, Fearless Records, Fantasy Records, Concord Records, Rounder Records and Craft Recordings (Catalogue).
Across the labels Concord is proud to work with a broad roster of artists including St. Vincent, Denzel Curry, I Prevail, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Santana, Elvis Costello and many more.
The Label Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the current roster of Concord artists. In this role, you will work closely with Concord Music Label Partners to develop and execute Artist and Catalogue Campaigns. You will implement and liaise with external promotions teams to ensure effective comprehensive campaigns are executed to give artists the best chance of building a career in Australia.
You will partner closely with the Concord Music labels to help develop release plans for all artists represented therein. You’ll work closely with Australian distribution partner Caroline Australia to build and execute marketing campaigns to build artist profile for this market. You’ll manage the supply chain process for both physical and digital in conjunction with Concord Music Label partners. You’ll partner with the Universal Sales Team to ensure your roster is represented in best practice at retail.
This role is a full-time permanent position. While Concord does not have a Melbourne office, you will be seated in our label distribution partner office, Caroline (Universal). You will be an integral Label Manager for Concord’s International team, but employed by People2People Australia.
- Conduct bi-weekly review to present plans/initiatives to achieve targets.
- Liaise with local promoters for potential touring opportunities
- Ensure marketing plans relate to and target the artist’s community and consumer behaviour.
- Work with and maintain excellent relationships with all the Concord Music labels as well as Artist Management.
- Work with Labels/Artist Management to set the strategy/vision for the artist/project.
- Communicate with Labels/Artist Management on artist/project progress, challenges and opportunities.
- Liaise with Labels/Artist Management regarding marketing investments, pricing, promotion, promotional tours and all aspects of artist/project activity.
- Work with Labels/Artist Management in securing assets required
- Understand the general media environment in Australia.
- An ability to connect with artists from all genres represented by Concord music while in the market.
- Check and authorise invoices as appropriate
- Have a familiarity with various analytical tools such as, but not limited to Spotify analytics, whale report, Kworb, Spot On, etc.
- Secondary HSC or equivalent
- Tertiary / T.A.F.E. Marketing Diploma or Degree (preferable but not essential)
- Professional Current Drivers Licence
- Excellent knowledge of artists and labels signed to Concord Music
- Excellent understanding of the music business, the local market and our position therein
- The candidate must have strong knowledge of the, the marketplace, the digital space and how this effects the creation and rollout of marketing campaigns.
- Must have an understanding across multiple genres of contemporary recorded music.
- Must have 2 year’s experience working in music industry.
- Must have a passion for the music and a deep understanding of music business practices, trading terms and conditions
- Commercial understanding of Concord Music and UMA and the functionality of all its divisions specifically in relation to their marketing requirements
- Excellent understanding of marketing and consumer behaviour
- Excellent understanding of social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities
- Positive engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Great diplomacy skills