CONCORD is looking to employ a full time Licensing Coordinator for our Sync Administration department based in our London Office. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us in this diverse and dynamic area of work. This is a fixed term contract to 31 December 2021.
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami.
CONCORD MUSIC PUBLISHING represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
CONCORD RECORDED MUSIC is comprised of six active labels across many musical genres: Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings, Rounder Records, Easy Eye Sound and Concord Jazz. The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 260,000 active song recordings and includes no less than 295 GRAMMY ® winners (representing over 6.6% of all the GRAMMYs ® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles.
Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. Now in its 20 th year, the global hit music franchise has sold 22.5 million albums, generated 6.5 billion streams and continues to reach kids and families with new music, videos, consumer products and live tours.
The UK Licensing team is a vital part of Concord, working alongside the publishing and recorded music sync teams and our global network of sub-publishers to ensure we grasp all synchronization opportunities for writers, artists and various catalogues.
The Licensing Coordinator role primarily handles licensing requests for TV, film and online uses from both domestic clients and our affiliates/sub-publishers, ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient yet thorough manner.
- Dealing with licence requests from clients – quoting on and negotiating fees and terms for projects across all media, and seeking approvals from song-writers/managers
- Managing relationships with key clients – music supervisors, production companies, broadcasters, clearance companies
- Responding to copyright queries from clients
- Producing paperwork for licences
- Monitoring return of signed licences and filing as necessary
- Monitoring payment of invoices and chasing as necessary
- Logging, tracking and reporting of licensing activity
- Assisting and supporting the International Licensing Manager and Director of Licensing Operations.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Receiving licence requests from our network of sub-publishers and affiliate offices, ensuring we have the requisite level of detail in order to be sent to the song-writer/their management for approval.
- Logging all licence activity on our online tracking system, and ensuring all details are kept up to date.
- Assisting clients on low-level domestic requests (concert streaming, unbranded online uses, TV, student films), providing ballpark quotes and guiding clients through the entire licensing process.
- Drafting licences for confirmed deals based on our existing templates, and either liaising with the relevant finance teams or raising invoices on the iMaestro system.
- Following up with clients for outstanding payments and signed licences and filing all fully executed paperwork in both the shared folders and on our online licence tracking program.
- Assisting song-writers / managers with licensing queries in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with Director of Licensing Operations, Licensing Manager and Business Affairs department about queries on licences.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- 2+ years music industry experience
- Excellent communicator, good organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to be personable, tactful and sensitive to requirements of confidentiality when dealing with customers and clients on the telephone and in written correspondence
- Self-directed, pro-active and a flexible, willing team member, performing all duties to a high standard
- Knowledge of Vistex Music Maestro or i-Maestro systems would be preferable
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficiency and ability to work at speed, whilst also being thorough and methodical
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to think laterally and anticipate problems before they arise
- Competitive salary
- Private medical and dental insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
14 May 2021
How to Apply:
Send CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting reference LICENSING COORDINATOR -SYNC ADMIN in the email subject line