Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, acquisition and management of recorded music, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalogue of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Recorded Music is comprised of five active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Easy Eye Sound, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord’s master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.3% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles
Concord Recorded Music Europe are responsible for building the brands of Concord’s labels and catalogue within the European market. Alongside our label and distribution partners, maximising sales potential and career development within Europe for Concord Artists, and catalogue.
The Label Manager is responsible for developing and executing German marketing plans for Concord’s recording artists, catalogue, and brands. The role includes both initiating in-house marketing plans as well as overseeing plans put forward by partner labels, whilst ensuring the development of Concord’s label brands in the market. The role is part of a two person marketing team based in Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for Concord artists, Catalogue and brands.
- Oversee marketing campaigns executed by partner label marketing teams as applicable
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with European, International and US Label marketing teams
- Manage marketing budget submission both internally and overseeing those submitted by distribution partners
- Adapt US assets and commission new creative content across campaigns where necessary
- Work with distributor sales teams to set campaign sales targets, pitch DSPs, develop retail marketing opportunities.
- Source and manage external promo teams for in-house managed campaigns
- Work closely with internal teams, Digital Marketing, Sync, Streaming, International, as well as external partners
- Work closely with European Digital Marketing Manager to build audience growth and social media strategies to grow fanbases, and maximise engagement.
- Analyse performance of releases and report regular updates about campaigns to colleagues.
- Oversee setup of physical and digital production locally.
- Join weekly meetings with colleagues and managers on US time zones (video and audio)
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Using all tools necessary to execute the above Responsibilities.
- Be part of a two person team to lead our German marketing strategy.
What you need:
- 7+ years’ experience in label marketing roles.
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work well under pressure.
- Established relations with marketing and advertising agencies and publicists.
- A strong domestic network
- A strong working knowledge of all facets of the music industry.
- Proven track record of developing artists in Germany
- Proven track record of delivering successful German marketing campaigns
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Experience working with labels, artists and managers
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to the US and Europe multiple times a year.
This is not an exhaustive list of all activities worked on but is a guide to the individual’s responsibilities.