With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
With its diverse roster of developing and legendary artists, Concord is home to an amazing collection of record labels consisting of Loma Vista Recordings, Fearless Records, Fantasy Records, Concord Records, Rounder Records and Craft Recordings (Catalog). Across the labels Concord is proud to work with a broad roster of artists including St. Vincent, Denzel Curry, I Prevail, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Santana, Elvis Costello and many more.
The Label Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the current roster of Concord artists. In this role, you will work closely with Concord Recorded Music Label Partners to develop and execute Artist and Catalog Campaigns. You will implement and liaise with external promotions teams to ensure effective comprehensive campaigns are executed to give artists the best chance of building a career in Canada. You will partner closely with the Concord Recorded Music labels to help develop release plans for all artists represented therein. You’ll work closely with our Canadian distribution partner Universal to build and execute marketing campaigns to build artist profile for this market. You’ll manage the supply chain process for both physical and digital in conjunction with Concord Recorded Music Label partners. You’ll partner with the Universal Sales Team to ensure your roster is represented in best practice at retail.
Concord does not have a physical office in Canada, this role will be based in the Universal Music Group office (our Distribution partner) in Toronto, Ontario.
- Conduct bi-weekly review to present plans/initiatives to achieve targets
- Liaise with local promoters for potential touring opportunities
- Ensure marketing plans relate to and target the artist’s community and consumer behavior.
- Work with and maintain excellent relationships with all the Concord Recorded Music labels as well as Artist Management.
- Work with Labels/Artist Management to set the strategy/vision for the artist/project.
- Communicate with Labels/Artist Management on artist/project progress, challenges and opportunities.
- Liaise with Labels/Artist Management regarding marketing investments, pricing, promotion, promotional tours and all aspects of artist/project activity.
- Work with Labels/Artist Management in securing assets required
- Understand the general media environment in Canada.
- An ability to connect with artists from all genres represented by Concord while in the market.
- Check and authorize invoices as appropriate
- Have a familiarity with various analytical tools such as, but not limited to Spotify analytics, whale report, Spot On, etc.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in music industry.
- Excellent knowledge of artists and labels signed to Concord
- Excellent understanding of the music business, the local market and our position therein
- The candidate must have strong knowledge of the, the marketplace, the digital space and how this effects the creation and roll-out of marketing campaigns
- Must have an understanding across multiple genres of contemporary recorded music
- Must have a passion for the music and a deep understanding of music business practices, trading terms and conditions
- Commercial understanding of Concord and UMG and the functionality of all its divisions specifically in relation to their marketing requirements
- Excellent understanding of marketing and consumer behavior
- Excellent understanding of social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities
- Positive engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and time management skills
- Great diplomacy skills
Concord is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Concord welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.