International Copyright Associate, UK-London
Type: Regular Full-Time
CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Music Publishing owns or administers more than 800,000 copyrighted musical works. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord represents the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists.
The International Copyright Department is integrated with and provides information, advice and administrative services to many areas of this busy and highly successful company. The department is responsible for the registration and ongoing management of thousands of copyright works in the UK and internationally.
Responsible for administration of copyright data across Pop, Jazz, Theatrical and Media catalogues including, but not limited to registering and maintaining high volumes of copyright data both manually and by electronic (CWR) processes, data ingestion and entry on copyright and royalty databases, data reporting, query handling and servicing the supply of data and information to and from sub-publishers, agents and other 3rd party organisations. Reports to Director of International Copyright.
What you’ll do:
- Populate Concord’s database by inputting copyright and royalties data and manipulating large metadata spreadsheets for importing into the system.
- Circulate copyright and agreements data to societies, affiliates and sub-publishers (includes CWR, catalogue shipment, Excel exports and other data formats as required).
- Review and extract relevant information from new and amended publishing agreements and contract summaries for entry into system and registration.
- Process return files from collecting societies, analyse errors and rejections, correct internal data and society level agreements, and resubmit rejected works.
- Monitor, track and assist in resolving duplicate claims and conflicts internationally both directly with societies and via affiliates and sub-publishers.
- Handle a portion of queries coming into the department inbox, including internal queries, and external queries from sub-publishers, societies, DSP’s, clients, and other sources.
- Review and update Concord’s agreement hierarchies at ICE to ensure correct rights flow.
- Assist in ongoing training of junior team members and new staff onboarding.
- Attend internal and external meetings and events, as and when required, as a representative of Concord Music Publishing.
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor and department head.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Familiarity with a Vistex (or similar) copyright & royalties system including CWR, catalogue shipment, bulk song amend, import/export functions, client, songs and royalty rates setup.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Familiarity with the policies, processes and databases of collecting societies in the UK and Europe.
- Familiarity with Maestro Report Writer, Spotify Publishing Analytics, ICE extended database, Jira and Power BI desirable.
- Good knowledge of and passion for a wide range of contemporary music across multiple genres, together with a good understanding of how publishing rights and royalties are administered internationally.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, efficiency and ability to work at speed.
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Excellent Excel skills and experience working with and manipulating large data sets.
- Capable of working independently and with several colleagues in different teams, in different locations.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer competitive salary, private medical and dental insurance, generous time off, charity match, paid time off for volunteering and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, gender assignment, marital status, pregnancy, disability, race, religion, sex as required by law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.