Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
The Global Income Tracking Department plays an integral role in maximizing revenue collections, while bringing to attention issues regarding the company’s revenue and internal processes that may have a direct impact on revenue collection and income processing.
CONCORD is looking to employ a full time Income Tracking Associate. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the tracking team based in our London office.
The primary purpose of this position is to track and ensure timely and proper collection of mechanical and performance royalties for Concord’s pop and classical publishing repertoire throughout the world. This individual must possess a deep understanding of Music publishing revenue streams, particularly in the UK, and will maintain a full and ongoing understanding of Concord’s end to end revenue and royalty processes, including contractual obligations, work registration and delivery processes, revenue collections, financial workflows, royalty cycles and distributions.
What you’ll do:
- Perform income analysis across Pop & Classical catalogues, by key clients and royalty sources; eventually including quarterly PRS/MCPS distribution analysis reports
- Manage and maintain unpaid royalty claims, ensuring payments are made;
- Review UK suspense files;
- Track licensed UK Cinema and FTV uses;
- Track licensed UK Classical & Pop Concerts;
- Track broadcast television and radio uses;
- Provide reliable support to UK Income tracking team.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Assume responsibility of researching, collating and distributing Weekly UK Chart Reports and maintain ownership of UK Master spreadsheet;
- Perform work registration checks at local performance rights societies in collaboration with copyright department to ensure correct royalty flows;
- Maintain working relationships with societies and affiliate offices to facilitate claiming and collections;
- Facilitate UK (PRS) Client Enquiries;
- Facilitate onboarding of new writers and catalogue acquisitions – working in conjunction with Copyright
- Department to ensure that new works are registered correctly at collection society level.
- Request PRS merges and back claim requests; and
- Regularly check PRS suspense/unpaid files.
UK Live Performance Tracking
- Collate of top venue and client live performance data; and
- Manage and maintain live performance claims on a perpetual basis, ensuring that proper payments are received.
- Collate Classical Concert Hire reports, submit quarterly Bulk upload list for PRS
- Track payments for reported Live Classical concerts, submit, and follow up claims for missing Live income
UK Physical Product Tracking
- Prepare UK weekly sales data for our charted published titles;
- Perform registration checks for physical product exploitation before invoicing;
- Reconcile both charting and non-charting titles against MCPS royalty payments;
- Perform regular analysis of documented sales data and payments; and
- Manage and maintain unpaid charted track claims on a perpetual basis, ensuring that proper payments are received.
Radio & TV
- Summarize UK radio broadcast reports, reconciling with PRS distributions;
- Assist with uploading files to relative monitoring services such as BMAT, Soundmouse and TuneSat; and
- Ensuring cue sheets are properly registered at PRO/Sub-publisher level
Cinema & FTV
- Document UK Sync licenses, ensuring cue sheet details are accurate;
- Assist with the tracking of UK FTV production broadcasts to ensure payment is accounted onto us in a timely manner; and
- Assist with providing analysis and reports on PRS distribution accountings.
UK Digital Tracking
What you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience working in Music Publishing/PRO
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and iMaestro systems and how to best incorporate them into key responsibilities.
- Good understanding of UK PRO operations (distribution policies & payment timeframes etc).
- Good communication skills with both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Health insurance
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Competitive pension scheme
- Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO: [email protected] PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.