CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
We are an innovative team of creators, each responsible for developing visual assets to strengthen and build artist careers. We conceptualize and execute an artist’s vision with a primary focus on forming a cohesive narrative and visual language throughout a campaign. We are visionaries with global resources to expand creative thinking and achieve greatness on behalf of the artists and labels we represent at Concord, Recorded Music.
As Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the design, production and execution of commercial audio products (CD’s, Vinyl, Cassettes, DVD’s, etc) and collateral marketing materials for multiple genres of music. You will work within the Design Department, assisting the creative leadership team, freelance designers and the Production Department in visual asset creation, across any medium required. It is your job to create outstanding design work on behalf of our artists and labels.
Above all, we strive to exemplify Concord’s core values; to celebrate artistry, act with integrity, empower our community, and create opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Design and layout full album packaging and format conversions for LPs, CDs, cassettes, etc. Includes creating album covers, logos, booklets, single covers, playlist covers, deluxe packaging, one sheets, decks, style guides, etc.
- Design for merch and specialty D2C items.
- Work with marketing departments for advertising needs, elevating where possible.
- Manage multiple projects, keeping them on deadline.
- Main contact for external designer’s needs (logos, artwork requirements, etc.). Point person for internal JPG and PDF needs, layered files, etc.
- Design product stickers, scanning, recreating disc labels, etc. as needed.
- Follow style guides from freelance designers to create additional assets in support of an album campaign.
- Rework freelance designer files for print.
- Retouch scanned artwork/photos for print.
- Creates visualizations for use in product mockups. Product photography or digital representations of product.
- Supports all needs of the creative leadership team.
- Work in multiple visual execution styles.
- Manage assets and archive files on servers.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for various miscellaneous projects such as printing posters, stickers, patches etc.
- Assist with processing vendor invoices.
- Maintain great working relationships, especially nurturing the creative goals of our artists.
What you need to succeed:
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with illustration and animation is a bonus.
- College degree in Art and Design preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial design experience.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography to color and composition.
- Must have knowledge of printing/production specifications, techniques and requirements.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who acts and responds quickly to change and feedback with a positive attitude.
- Efficient and detailed organization skills a must.
- Passion for music.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Manage relationships with a positive attitude and strong communication skills with our internal and external clients.
- Dedicated and committed team player. Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic creative environment.
* To be considered, you must submit your portfolio.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.