CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 390,000 copyrighted works spanning all musical genres and including many of the world’s most celebrated compositions by its most legendary creators. Concord Music Publishing is also home to a diverse group of contemporary songwriters and composers creating important and commercially successful new songs and musical works. Boosey & Hawkes, the world’s leading classical music publisher, and The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization are also business units of Concord Music Publishing.
The Director, US Publishing, has responsibility for the preparation and reporting of Concord Music Publishing US performance. This position provides leadership to the department, while being a hands-on performer. The individual helps to support the business and thus enable the Finance function to contribute to increasing the group’s EBIT, cash flow, and shareholder value.
What you’ll do:
- Manage financial processing of all transactions and maintain and enhance financial systems used to process transactions of US publishing division.
- Maintain and develop internal controls for US publishing division.
- Ensure group accounting policies are consistently applied throughout the US publishing division.
- Provide support where required to the VP and all publishing departments.
- Assist VP in reporting financial performance to business managers, management team, board, and shareholders.
- Manage the annual audit of US publishing division.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses for senior management.
- Manage and lead accounting staff ensuring accurate monthly close.
- Hands-on in the monthly close including preparing and reviewing various journal entries and reconciliations as required.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance related field
- MBA preferred, not required
- CPA required
- 9+ years of relevant experience in Accounting/Finance (at least 3 years in management role)
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Proficient with: MS Office applications; experience being hands-on with ERP systems
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.