CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Craft Recordings is home to one of the largest and most essential collections of master recordings and compositions in the world. Its storied repertoire includes landmark releases from icons such as Joan Baez, John Coltrane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Celia Cruz, Miles Davis, Isaac Hayes, John Lee Hooker, Little Richard, R.E.M., Joan Sebastian, and Traveling Wilburys. Plus, the catalog recordings of celebrated contemporary acts including A Day to Remember, Evanescence, Alison Krauss, Nine Inch Nails, Taking Back Sunday and Violent Femmes, to name just a few.
Renowned imprints with catalogs issued under the Craft banner include Fania, Fantasy, Fearless, Musart, Nitro, Panart, Prestige, Riverside, Rounder, Specialty, Stax, Vanguard, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Victory, among many others. Craft creates thoughtfully curated packages, with a meticulous devotion to quality and a commitment to preservation—ensuring that these recordings endure for new generations to discover. Craft is also home to the Billie Holiday and Tammy Wynette estates which preserve and protect their respective names, likeness and music through day-to-day legacy management of these cultural trailblazers.
As the Director of Product Management, you will develop and execute fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for frontline catalog releases and legacy artists.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with artists/managers/estates, and the label team, to define and execute marketing campaigns which serve to communicate legacy, reignite fan-bases, extend audience reach, and drive commercial results
- Act as day-to-day project lead on assigned releases – ensuring that each project receives the appropriate level of marketing, advertising and publicity needed, to effectively drive revenue through physical sales, downloads, streaming, merchandise, and synch
- Manage deadlines and develop essential marketing material for each project – including sales sheets, biographies, press releases, online media kits, marketing plans, instant grat. tracks, social media, and editorial content, playlists, and advertising assets
- Create, build, and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners (brands, media, retailers, influencers), and key stakeholders
- Continuously innovate to identify new revenue and promotional opportunities, including D2C offerings, merchandising, live initiatives, and strategic partnerships
- Work alongside the Stream Team and Digital Marketing to strategize catalog streaming playlist initiatives, as well as drive content discovery and audience reach for the label and artists
- Collaborate with shared services department, and outside partners as appropriate, to develop marketing tools and strategies for each release, within set budget parameters
- Work with A&R during product development and release setup, to push through the production process (where applicable, helping to conceive the concept / art direction with Creative Department)
- Prospect to suggest and/or develop and execute A&R concepts, through Craft channels
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in music marketing (6+ years), ideally working with catalog and legacy artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music (wide-ranging genres), experience with Jazz, a plus
- Creative marketing approach, with a deep understanding and interest in streaming platforms, social media channels, digital trends and new technologies
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to adjust to shifting priorities and communicate effectively
- Stellar copywriting skills with the ability to create engaging content with different brand voices
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic partnerships
- Goal and results oriented, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, analytical, and communication skills
- A team player with an adaptive, self-effective and collaborative attitude
- At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.