CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND ACQUISITION OF SOUND RECORDINGS, MUSIC PUBLISHING AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS, REPRESENTING NEARLY 900,000 SONGS, COMPOSED WORKS, PLAYS, MUSICALS AND ACTIVE RECORDINGS.
Headquartered in Nashville with additional offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin and Miami and staff in Toronto, Tokyo and Melbourne, Concord’s repertoire is licensed in virtually every country and territory worldwide.
As the Director of Content Development, you will create and deliver revenue-generating audio/visual content with a focus on visualizers, lyric videos, animated videos, HD resolution videos, and longform releases from Concord’s catalog of labels.
You will strategize with other departments within Concord (A&R, Rights Optimization, Streaming) to determine which assets to create and deliver them on time and within budget, as well as work with the project managers within the catalog group to coordinate marketing.
In this role, you will drive revenue by leading and developing an audio/visual content and editorial strategy while pushing the creative bounds for Concord’s catalog with a focus on Youtube, manage production schedules and creative output for content; ensure deliverables are met for key releases, labels, artists, genres, live events and anniversaries.
You’ll use data-driven insights to inform and support creative solutions, developing this into revenue-generating content. And you’ll stay on top of technical and music consumption trends; explore innovative approaches, technologies and opportunities to best connect consumers with music and content.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a schedule for delivering newly created visual content with a focus on visualizers, lyric videos, and animated videos.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors responsible for content creation.
- Liaise with Concord’s Rights Optimization team to maximize revenue for newly created assets.
- Work with Craft’s various imprints (Fania, Varèse Sarabande, Stax, Jazz Dispensary) that have dedicated Youtube channels on strategy and best practices.
- Manage the day-to-day programming strategy for the Craft Youtube channel.
- Research pre-existing longform video content for digital delivery.
- Strategically redeliver videos in high definition.
- Create, review and obtain approval of budgets for internal and external productions.
- Maintain all relevant legal and financial administrative responsibilities as they pertain to production and distribution of new products.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in digital content creation, preferably within the music industry.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of multiple music genres from all eras.
- Proven success being able to accomplish revenue generation through product development.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present analysis results to senior management.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- A BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field preferred
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.