CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord is one of the world’s largest independent record companies, the home of an exciting group of labels including Concord, Razor & Tie, Loma Vista, Fearless, Rounder, and the iconic music brands Stax, Prestige, Fantasy, Riverside, Victory, Varèse Sarabande, Vanguard, Nitro, plus many more. We produce, market and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. We also have a philosophy of helping artists build long-term careers. Our expanding roster includes both legendary and exciting new artists, with a large focus on fostering our rich history. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern music company with a deep catalog.
Craft Recordings, the catalog division of Concord Recorded Music offers a tightly curated selection of deluxe CD and vinyl box sets, hi-resolution digital albums, stand-alone LPs, as well as digital and streaming releases. The Craft team creates meticulously produced, detailed packaging, with a commitment to preservation and a devotion to quality. The label’s repertoire includes artists such as R.E.M., Traveling Wilburys, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, Little Richard, The Staple Singers, Thelonious Monk, Joan Baez, John Lee Hooker, Evanescence, Taking Back Sunday, A Day to Remember and Nine Inch Nails, to name just a few.
Craft Recordings is looking for a D2C eCommerce Manager to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive D2C merchandising and marketing strategies for frontline catalog releases, legacy artists and historic labels.
What you’ll do:
- Day-to-day management of eCommerce channels for various label imprints—including Craft, Stax, Fania, Varèse Sarabande, Jazz Dispensary, Nitro and Victory—in addition to several artist stores
- Continuous innovation to identify new revenue D2C opportunities, including product offerings, merchandising, ticketing initiatives and strategic partnerships
- Strategic planning to maximize revenues and expand customer databases, with a focus on marketing, CRM, user-experience, cross-platform opportunities and SEO
- Working in concert with the product management team to ensure best-practice execution for D2C initiatives, including the development of marketing components such as landing pages, and other campaign collateral (including banners, product shots, digital ads, social content)
- Interfacing with merchandise vendors to build and maintain partner relationships and to source new vendor resources
- Liaising with production, finance and D2C operations to ensure proper product setup, including UPC creation for financial tracking Proactive management of store inventory levels, monitoring sales trends to ensure in-stock availability
- Interfacing with customer service and fulfillment teams to communicate new promotions, stock deliveries, or product issues that may drive customer contact
- Compilation of reporting and tracking metrics for storefronts and eCommerce campaigns, gleaning insights regarding sales trends, product offerings and customer demographics/feedback
- 3+ years in eCommerce strategy, management and marketing
- Hands on experience with Shopify and other D2C platforms
- Basic technical knowledge and experience with HTML and digital platforms
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music (wide-ranging genres and eras)
- Direct music industry experience is a plus, but not essential
- An understanding of analytics and the ability to transform data into knowledge
- A good working knowledge of SEO, CRM and Google Analytics
- Basic Photoshop proficiency is a plus
- Self-motivation, a sense of urgency and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Effective presentation, analytical and communication skills
- Team orientated, with the ability to collaborate and communicate well with others
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for quality assurance