Concord is one of the world’s largest independent record companies, the home of an exciting group of labels including Concord Jazz, Easy Eye Sound, Loma Vista, Fantasy, Fearless, Rounder, and many more. We produce, market and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. We also have a philosophy of helping artists build long-term careers. Our expanding roster includes both legendary and exciting new artists, with a large focus on fostering our rich history. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern music company with a deep catalog.
Craft Recordings is the catalog team at Concord’s Recorded Music. We create thoughtfully curated products (digital and physical), with a meticulous devotion to quality and a commitment to preservation—ensuring that our vast and diverse recordings endure for new generations to discover.
Craft is looking for a Catalog Marketing / Product Manager to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for frontline catalog releases and legacy label repertoire, inclusive of the catalogs of legendary labels such as Fania, Independiente, Nitro, Prestige, Riverside, Specialty, Stax, Vanguard, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay, Victory and many more.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with artists/managers/estates, and the label team, to strategically define and execute marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of catalog artists, titles, and legacy brands — with a focus on, but not limited to, the rock/alternative repertoire (such as Victory and Fearless catalogs)
- Act as day-to-day lead on assigned releases, ensuring that each project receives the appropriate level of marketing, advertising and publicity needed, to effectively drive revenue through physical sales, downloads, streaming, merchandise and sync opportunities
- Thoroughly research each assigned project in order to understand a title/brand/artist’s “whole story,” communicate legacy, reignite fan-bases, extend audience reach and drive commercial results
- Manage deadlines and develop essential marketing material for each project — including sales sheets, biographies, press releases, online media kits, marketing plans, communication timelines, social media, editorial content, playlists and advertising assets
- Create, build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners (brands, media, influencers) and key stakeholders
- Work alongside the Stream Team and Digital Marketing to strategize catalog streaming playlist initiatives, as well as drive content discovery and audience reach for the label and artists
- Collaborate with label services teams (Sales, Creative Services, Business Affairs, Publishing, etc.), and outside partners as appropriate, to develop marketing tools and strategies for each release within set budget parameters
What you need:
- Experience in music marketing (5+ years), ideally working with catalog and legacy artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music (wide-ranging genres and eras) – a background specifically with rock/alternative acts is a strong plus
- Strategic and creative thinker, with a deep understanding and interest in streaming platforms, social media outlets, digital trends and new technologies
- Strong copywriting skills—for press releases, sales sheets, newsletters, social/web content—are a plus
- Comfortable managing many tasks and projects at the same time; must be able to prioritize and follow through
- Goal and results oriented, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A team player with an adaptive, self-effective and collaborative attitude
- * This job is hybrid and requires 3 days a week on-site
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.