Craft Recordings, the newly branded catalog division of Concord Bicycle Music, draws from a rich and storied repertoire that includes both legendary artists and labels, and offers a tightly curated selection of deluxe CD and vinyl box sets, hi-resolution digital albums, as well as stand-alone LPs.
Using the original analog masters whenever possible, the company creates thoughtfully produced, detailed packaging with a commitment to preservation and a meticulous devotion to quality. Further, Craft Recordings continues to partner with artists and estates to preserve and enhance the musical heritage of these landmark recordings and compositions.
In recent years, Concord Bicycle Music has continued to expand its catalog holdings and is now home to a remarkable collection of titles that includes the music of seminal alt-rock band R.E.M., super group the Traveling Wilburys (George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison), celebrated folk and jazz label Vanguard and country powerhouse Sugar Hill Records. These additions join a celebrated family of historic imprints including Fantasy, Rounder, Stax, Milestone, Prestige, Nitro, Riverside, Specialty, Telarc and Vee-Jay Records, whose catalogs are managed under the Craft Recordings label.
Craft Recordings is currently seeking a Senior Director, Marketing, in a newly defined role. This role will be responsible to lead and direct the development and execution of fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for assigned top-level, frontline catalog releases and legacy artists across the catalog division.
The Senior Marketing Director and Team will work closely with all departments within Concord (A&R, Sales, Creative, Digital, Advertising, Radio, International) to accomplish marketing plan goals and objectives.
The position will report to the President, Craft Recordings.
- Lead, mentor and manage catalog product management team on creative and innovative catalog marketing projects
- Build and maintain relationships with artists and their representatives to define a marketing plan that fully capitalizes and promotes each release
- Lead and implement each project to ensure the appropriate level of marketing, publicity, advertising and social media is defined and activated to maximize sales results
- Collaborate with shared services department and outside partners, as needed, to outline the marketing plan and timeline for each release during product development phase and release setup
- Construct the marketing budget and calculate necessary expenses to create a release plan that will effectively drive revenue for projects through physical sales, downloads, streaming, merchandise and synch, and track results against projections
- Act as day-to-day manager of each project, both internally and externally, as well as a hands-on team manager and mentor for staff
- Discover, support and propel external marketing partnerships
- 10+ years of proven, successful experience and leadership in music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists in a variety of genres, with the ability to join forces with an artist to maximize marketing potential
- Demonstrated team building, mentoring and management skills
- Possess a strong understanding of streaming, digital and traditional retail business strategies and motivators
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, audience engagement and analytics that detail music consumption and consumer behaviors
- Proven ability to ascertain and administer marketing partnerships
- Excellent presentation, analytical and communication skills
- Confirmed expertise in building creative and strategic marketing plans accomplishing within a set budget
- Passionate music fan with a personal drive to succeed and be a leader
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively within defined timelines
- Bachelor’s preferred.