JOB TITLE: MARKETING MANAGER / SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER (DOE)
COMPANY: COMMUNION RECORDS
Leading UK Independent label Communion Records is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager / Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement progressive and impactful global marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing, artist-founded independent label and have the opportunity to work across our growing roster of artists, including Wunderhorse, Tamino, Bear’s Den, Laurel, Matt Corby, The Goa Express, Lucy Rose, Chartreuse, Lucia and the Best Boys, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, Dan Croll and Dizzy, as well as with our partner labels So Young Records, and Real Kind Records.
In this role, you will lead your own projects and nurture exceptional working relationships with artist management, and other key external stakeholders. You will be a considered and empathetic ambassador for the label in your interactions with artists, and also have a key internal voice in setting the tone for how we approach marketing and project management. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design and implementation of impactful and creative narrative marketing campaigns for Communion’s artists in the UK and Internationally.
- Build and manage marketing budgets of all sizes.
- Provide creative and hands-on leadership for all elements of our artists’ release strategies, including timelines, retail marketing, promotions, advertising, social media, D2C and more.
- Commission a range of creative content including music videos, artwork and short form video assets.
- Analyze and quantify campaign progress and respond thoughtfully.
- Managing and leading external promo teams.
- Work closely with our distributor to ensure great outcomes in their areas of responsibility, and with other third parties across areas such as digital advertising, UK and International promotions teams.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and the wider leadership team to help ensure the label is maintaining a cutting-edge position in marketing and adding deep value to our artist partners.
- You will have previous proven experience of, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- An experienced and accomplished music marketer, with extensive experience, and a recent track record, of planning and leading imaginative and successful marketing campaigns: across genres, with a wide range of budgets, and with artists at all stages of their careers. An international perspective is a plus.
- A strategic thinker, able to see the big picture and to design effective long-term plans to meet and exceed goals.
- Have a deep knowledge of the current marketplace and have a passionate interest in emerging trends in artist marketing, brand-building and storytelling; on and off-line.
- Great relationship builder and an articulate and empathetic communicator, including with artists and their teams.
- Comfortable taking the day-to-day lead on key relationships with managers and other third parties.
- Passionate about music, and musical cultures, and have an affinity with the artists on our roster and the culture around them.
- Highly organised and reliable
- You love to collaborate and to share success with the people around you.
- You listen, are curious and open-minded and you love to learn.
- You welcome constructive feedback from those around you and expect to always be developing.
- A positive, proactive and entrepreneurial spirit.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 19th April 2023, with “Marketing Manager, Communion” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Diversity & Inclusion Matters to us
Communion Music is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, inclusion and equality.