AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
COMPANY: COMMUNION RECORDS
As part of our Audience Development team, you will be responsible for assisting on, developing, and implementing digital marketing strategies and campaigns that deepen artist-fan relationships, grow audiences, maximize engagement and boost consumption for Communion Records’ roster of artists. You will also be responsible for some content creation and editing.
This role will suit someone who is passionate about new music and great creative storytelling, and has a proactive, problem solving and collaborative approach to their work.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing, artist-founded independent label and have the opportunity to work across our growing roster of artists, including Wunderhorse, Tamino, Bear’s Den, Laurel, Matt Corby, The Goa Express, Lucy Rose, Chartreuse, Lucia and the Best Boys, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, Dan Croll and Dizzy, as well as with our partner labels So Young Records, and Real Kind Records.
Artists Storytelling: Develop a deep understanding of our artists & their music and be able to define the key parts of an artist’s story. Work closely with artists to develop and implement strategies that communicate those stories to an artist’s existing fanbase online and broaden the reach of the artist to potential new fans.
Audience Analysis: Compile data-led reports using analytics from social, streaming and beyond to help define who an artist’s audience is, where they live online and how they behave.
Channel Management: Work alongside artist management teams and provide support for the artist in optimizing, planning and publishing content to artist-owned digital channels including not limited to TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, CRM and artist websites.
CRM: Develop and implement strategies that grow artist mailing lists, working closely with artists and management teams on the planning, creation, and distribution of artist newsletters.
Digital Advertising: Work alongside the wider marketing team to plan, implement, monitor, and improve digital advertising campaigns that grow artist audiences or achieve other campaign goals.
Asset Creation: Create social and digital advertising assets that are optimised for each platform, using your understanding of platforms and audiences to optimise for attention, retention, and reach.
Artist Education: be a source of knowledge for artists and the wider team with regards to platform developments, digital and cultural trends.
You will have previous proven experience of, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid existing experience working closely with artists and managers within an audience development / digital marketing function in the music industry.
- An excellent eye for design with a drive to deliver the highest quality written and visual content.
- Experience using Adobe suite (Photoshop, Premiere) or similar in order to create and edit photo and video assets.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with a patient and thorough approach when publishing fan-facing content.
- A passion for and understanding of digital platforms, emerging technologies and cultural trends online.
- A creative mind with the ability to combine qualitative and quantitative data about artists and use it to inform strategies that engage and excite audiences.
- An empathetic approach to working with artists and their managers, demonstrating an understanding of the unique challenges involved with communicating to audiences online.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 27th February 2023, with “Audience Development Manager, Communion” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Diversity & Inclusion Matters to Us:
Communion Music is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, inclusion and equality.