Company name: Communion Presents
Role: Live Assistant
Send CV and Cover letter to: [email protected]
Communion Presents is one of the UK’s leading independent concert promoters.
Our current roster of artists includes George Ezra, Bastille, Sam Fender, Freya Ridings, James Bay, Ben Howard, Maggie Rogers, Dermot Kennedy, Daughter, Michael Kiwanuka and many more.
The successful candidate will likely have at least a year of relevant experience (can be at intern level) within the music industry, but most critically will be able to tangibly demonstrate that they have the qualities listed below, and a genuine long-term interest in a career in live music:
- A passion for live music and an affinity with Communion
- An exceptionally strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive attitude: willing to help and hungry to learn
- Proactivity and initiative
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
From the current Live Assistant:
“As Live Assistant in this small but busy team my everyday tasks are vastly varied ranging from admin heavy tasks such as diary management and show advancing, more creative bits such as creating social media content and giving input on artwork and support bands, as well as the more practical element that comes with being a show rep and assisting with the live events. With this being a supporting role it is important to have a good understanding of the other team members’ roles and great organisational skills in order to best assist the team. The role also requires very good communication skills both verbally and written, as a large part of the job entails meeting and communicating with a lot of different people from managers and agents, to artists, venue staff, suppliers and other team members.”
- Getting venue avails, keeping track of pencils & challenges and updating agents/venues
- Generally maintaining a good relationship with venues & keeping our venue documents (such as tech specs/contact info/rate cards) up to date
- Advancing shows with artists & venues.
- Repping shows from 50 – 1,000 cap
- Booking in show staff such as reps, merch sellers & door staff
- Getting quotes on equipment hire when needed
- Providing artists/agents with support suggestions & booking supports
- Collating show documents and putting together show settlements for shows ranging from 50 -1,000 cap.
- Carrying out regular content research & writing and scheduling the majority of all social media content for Communion Presents
- Creating Facebook events for all shows
- Liaising with agents and our designer to create show artwork for all our shows
- General admin (keeping calendar/show details sheet/Dropbox up to date, booking meeting rooms, handling guest list requests etc.)
- Running general errands
- Supporting the team (i.e. helping out with whatever’s needed/covering for people when they are on holiday/off ill)