Columbia Records UK has a fantastic opportunity available for a National Radio Plugger to join the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and executing national radio campaigns across a roster of Columbia Records artists – creating bespoke plans for each and being creative in their implementation
- Building and maintaining relationships with key contacts at national radio stations
- Work with, and report back to internal marketing, A&R, promotions teams and artist management on radio promotions campaigns
- Securing radio airplay for our artists (from spot plays all the way through to radio playlists)
- Pitching for and supervising promo opportunities (sessions/interviews/live radio events for example)
- Suggesting remix ideas to the A&R team and commissioning radio edits
- Staying informed of changes and developments within the UK radio industry and how they impact Columbia artists
- Proven experience actively plugging national radio in a similar role
- Demonstrable relationships across music teams, producers, assistant producers and DJs at national radio stations
- Versatility across a range of music genres and varying levels of artist careers
- Very strong communication, relationship building and negotiating skills
- Awareness of the Columbia roster and the wider music scene
- In order to be able to take on this role successfully, you will need to be able to attend all necessary gigs, radio events, regular radio meetings etc and work in a fast paced, often highly pressured environment.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.