The Regional Promotion Manager is responsible for creating and maximizing exposure for Columbia artists primarily through radio airplay in their designated territory/region/market(s).
This includes soliciting and securing airplay and developing and coordinating promotions with local radio/media/retails/clubs and other businesses. Radio promotion activities in their assigned market(s) for Columbia’s artists include formats commonly referred to as Pop radio; including Top 40, Rhythmic, Alternative Rock, Active Rock, Mainstream Rock, HAC, AC and AAA. This position is responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
- Secure airplay/ adds / rotations at radio stations in given markets. Find creative and compelling ways to promote artists and music primarily by utilizing relationships, communications skills, and compelling information/statistics to garner airplay. A major area of the position will be persuading partners that may not feel this is the best fit / sound for their station or market.
- Establish, build and maintain excellent relationships with each radio station’s staff. Meet with them regularly to discuss Columbia’s current priorities, marketing idea, promotions, and future releases.
- Develop strong working relationships with various music outlets within their market such as: clubs, concert venues, etc.
- Conceptualize, create, coordinate, and deliver unique and effective radio promotions and marketing opportunities that will enable our artists to gain exposure and airplay.
- Work in conjunction with the various departments (Publicity, Marketing, and Touring) to align artist’s schedules and arrange interviews and other promotional appearances.
- Work directly with the artists and when necessary cover their appearances when they are on the road (via tour dates or promotional tours) in the RPM’s market.
- Work as needed on the fulfillment of various promotions and marketing opportunities as they relate to radio and our labels artists.
- Analyze various data (Mediabase, BDS (Nielsen), Shazaam, Soundscan, MScore, and other data) to analyze how our current records are doing regionally and nationally to strategize the next steps in moving plans and goals forward.
- Keep in close contact with the various Format heads and regularly communicate with them to discuss the territory, label priorities, artists, singles, albums, promotion plans/strategies via weekly/monthly reports, emails, and conference calls.
- Adhere to all of the company’s policies and procedures regarding Radio Promotion, compliance, conduct, ethics, etc.
- Handle all administrative duties (product requests, servicing radio with new music/mailers, completing monthly recap reports, completing T&E reports, etc.) in a timely and efficient fashion.
- 5+ years of previous experience of radio promotion at a record label.
- Existing relationships with Radio stations in the Northeast strongly preferred.
- Must have working and up-to-date knowledge of the Radio marketplace including previous experience working with Mediabase, Shazam, SoundScan,
- Streaming data.
- Ability to recognize differences from market to market and from station to station while also understanding that what you do at one radio station affects all stations in each market.
- Computer Skills: Radio and sales programs as well as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point).
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- A positive, professional and calm attitude at all times is required.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.