Sony Music Entertainment is hiring for a Director, Licensing to pitch Columbia Record’s front line repertoire to advertising and branding agencies, based in New York.
This individual will build, develop and maintain relationships with various contacts in order to secure music syncs on behalf of Columbia Records.
The responsibilities of the Director, Licensing may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Pitch, facilitate and negotiate advertising and brand related commercial licensing deals, broadcast spots, digital campaigns and other forms of commercial media for Columbia artists
- Act as liaison and account manager for assigned agencies, music houses and music supervisors
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with advertising agencies music supervisors and music houses
- Consistently update assigned client base as well as new clients on Columbia Record’s new releases, priorities, artist stats, tour dates, etc.
- Provide creative music pitches to clients/potential clients
- Proactively reach out to assigned agencies, brands and music supervisors for their creative music needs
- Coordinate agency showcases for Columbia Records artists
- Maintain information regarding commercial licensing deals (terms, stage, etc.) in licensing database
- Stay abreast of changes in the advertising industry, agencies and the brands they represent
- Attend industry events
- Minimum of 5 years of experience music licensing
- Provable track record in closing music syncs for artists with brands and agencies
- Must have extensive relationships in music sync community across agencies, music houses and music supervisors
- In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
- Knowledge of copyright as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
- Self-starter and rainmaker