Operations and Catalogue Manager – Record Label and Music Publisher
College Music is a record label and curation platform specialising in instrumental hip hop and jazzy beats. We began life as a YouTube page, started by two mates, Jonny & Luke (now both 25 years old) and were among the first to run 24/7 live streams on the platform.
Fast forward to now and the label has released over one thousand total tracks with artists from across the globe, accumulating over one billion streams, as well as becoming an independent Publisher. Our HQ in East London is home to our office and recording studio.
Artists We’ve Worked With:
Nix Northwest, Lausse The Cat, ENNY, Conor Albert, Cookin Soul, Tennyson, Jitwam, Eric Lau, and many more.
About the role
Your role will focus heavily on our existing and future catalogue across master and publishing, ensuring correct and meticulous rights management, organisation and registration. You will be in active conversation with artists regarding current and potential contracts, maintaining our catalogue and exploring new opportunities.
We are looking for a proactive person that is very well versed in this area and is confident working independently.
This is a full time, ideally remote role, and as such is open to candidates worldwide. Competitive Salary based on experience.
Rights Management and Automation:
- Work alongside the head of publishing to register new works with global Performing Rights Organisations.
- Oversee the automation of processes through platforms like CWR, ensuring seamless communication and data delivery.
- Licence Renewals and New Deals:
- Focus on renewing historic artist contracts and proactively engage in retrospective A&R to expand our catalogue.
- Independently manage conversations with artists, addressing concerns, and facilitating the distribution of new works.
- Manage contract extensions with meticulous attention to detail, fostering positive relationships with our roster.
- Catalogue Management and Licensing Operations:
- Proactively manage the label’s metadata and ensure timely distribution to sync agents and licensing opportunities.
- Maintain DISCO and explore opportunities to onboard catalogue to various licensing companies.
- Proactive procurement of new licensing opportunities
Royalty Accounting and Reporting:
- Collaborate with the head of publishing and accounting to streamline quarterly Curve royalty reports.
- Manage the accurate logging of costs, update QuickBooks, and ensure timely uploads of sales files.
- Implement checks and balances, reviewing statements prior to delivery.
Artist Support and On-boarding:
- Address artist questions and concerns promptly, providing support on royalty statements and release processes.
- Take a lead role in on-boarding new clients, ensuring a positive and efficient experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of publishing and master rights.
- Demonstrable experience in music rights management and agreements.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a record label and/or publisher, ideally covering various departments such as royalties, contracting and metadata management.
- Adaptability to perform diverse duties with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of independence and self-organisation to successfully manage multiple ongoing projects and conversations simultaneously.
- Professional tone of voice and confidence in engaging with artists via both email and video call.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short cover letter displaying relevant experience and suitability to the role.
Application Deadline: 1st December