The Finance Manager will oversee and ensure the smooth running of the Coda Accounts team with the initial emphasis on the client side.
This is a newly created role due to the expansion of the company. You will be reporting directly to a company Partner to help scale the business and is perfect for someone looking for the opportunity to grow and take on an FD role in the future. The accounts team is currently a team of 13 people and the management of the team is a key role.
- Managing a growing accounts department.
- Develop processes and systems to increase efficiency.
- Managing and overseeing multi-currency bank accounts.
- Suggesting, developing and managing financial management mechanisms, working alongside CTO and CFO to implement.
- Ensuring a best-in-class service delivery for clients.
- Preparing and providing month end agent commission reports, projection analysis and other management reporting as required.
- Providing and interpreting financial information and reporting back to the board.
Key Experience Required
- Experience in managing, training and inspiring a team of at least 5 people.
- Full understanding of client Accounting procedures and being comfortable communicating and interacting with clients.
- Experience in managing upwards to a board of directors.
- Ability to develop systems and work with system developers to improve internal procedures.
Experience that would be useful but not essential
These elements would need to be quickly learned in the first 6 months of the role:
- Preparing Artist statements and working with Artists / Artist Managers and Accountants.
- Understanding of split contracts and Production deals and localised tax rules.
- Experience in Incoming funds and allocation procedures and working with Promoters on settlements.
- Knowledge of Withholding taxes and VAT.
- Ability to work with Agents and Assistants on financial contracting queries.
- A team player able to work effectively with people across the group and outside the group and at different levels of seniority.
- Well organized, must be able to manage a high and varied workload while maintaining accuracy and quality of work.
- A self-starter with a proactive nature.
- A can do attitude.
- An all-round positive people person.
Salary range: £50k – £60k