Coda Agency is a live booking agency based in Clerkenwell, London. We take a strategic and global approach towards sustainable success for recording artists and DJ’s. We deliver a best-in-class service for all our clients and due to expansion, we are looking for a Finance Manager to head up the Client Accounting side of our business.
To oversee and ensure the smooth running of the Coda Accounts team with emphasis on the client side. This is a newly created role due to the expansion of the company. You will be reporting directly to a company Partner to help scale the business and is perfect for someone looking for the opportunity to grow and take on an FD role in the future.
- Providing and interpreting financial information in particular reporting back to the board
- Managing and overseeing multi-currency banks accounts that turnover £100m+
- Assist in formulating strategic and long-term business plans with emphasis on best practice delivery on the client side
- Suggesting, developing and managing financial management mechanisms, working alongside CTO and MD to implement
- Ensuring a best-in-class service delivery
- Analyzing competitor trends
- Managing and overseeing a growing accounts department, including recruitment alongside the MD.
- Managing, training and inspiring a team of at least 5 people
- Managing upwards to a board of directors
- Full understanding of Agency Accounting procedures.
- Experience in preparing Artist statements and working with Artists / Artist Managers and Accountants.
- Understanding of split contracts and Production deals and localised tax rules.
- Experience in Incoming funds and allocation procedures and working with Promoters on settlements.
- Knowledge of Withholding taxes and VAT
- Ability to work with Agents and Assistants on financial contracting queries.
- Ability to develop systems and work with system developers to improve internal procedures
- A team player able to work effectively with people across the group and outside the group and at different levels of seniority.
- Well organized, must be able to manage a high and varied workload while maintaining accuracy and quality of work
- A self-starter with a proactive nature
- A can do attitude
- An all-round positive people person.