The Country Music Association (CMA) is searching for a strategic and creative thinker with a strong sense of curiosity to lead its Insights Department. This individual should be passionate about building stories from data and analysis and should enjoy facilitating and teaching.
The ideal candidate possesses a keen eye to identify challenges and opportunities, ideate ways to explore them, and ultimately recommend potential solutions. This individual should have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and should be able to shift from technical to non-technical language based on the audience.
Additionally, this individual should possess effective public speaking and presentation skills and should flourish when balancing multiple projects and priorities.
This position is based in Nashville, TN and requires a minimum of 3 days of in-person work per week.
CMA believes in and expects all staff to act in alignment with its core values of collaboration: exhibiting a team-oriented focus, practicing active listening, demonstrating empathy; being solution-minded: proactively identifying problems and potential solutions; and commitment: exhibiting tenacity, engagement, and passion.
Leads Insights department to curate conversation and curiosity within CMA and the industry on ways to grow the audience and business of Country Music.
The Insights department is an inquisitive, future-looking team that leverages data to drive actionable strategies and outcomes by:
- Conducting novel research that informs and guides CMA and the industry forward, and
- Harnessing various secondary data sources to identify trends and provide insights for various needs. Additionally, this role will guide the Insights department to support CMA departments and ‘Business Intelligence’ capabilities.
- Think strategically about segments of the music and entertainment industry and research solutions that deliver value to CMA and the industry
- Collaborate with the Senior Director, Business Strategy and Insights to craft the Insights department roadmap to best support CMA and the industry
- Manage Insights department staff to accomplish department objectives and support the Data Architecture function
- Lead projects that analyze and report key consumer and audience behaviors, trends and key insights informing business situations, problems and opportunities and articulate actionable recommendations
- Recommend, direct, develop, and manage qualitative and quantitative primary research initiatives in support of the CMA strategic plan and priorities
- Lead the Business Intelligence capabilities including identifying and defining key metrics for tracking, consumer data modeling, and dashboard development across departments
- Build rapport with industry stakeholders as a primary resource for CMA Insights including serving as a key contributor to CMA’s Research Committee
- Manage research vendors from RFP solicitation to selection to relationship and project management of assigned work services
- Lead internal and external presentations, workshops, etc. to disseminate and spark action from key findingsDerive value from the entirety of work from the Insights department to support the value of CMA’s Membership department
- Recommend and manage department budget
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or BA in Business, Strategy, Marketing, Analytics, Data, or related field, or equivalent market research or strategic planning experience
- 8+ year of experience working in consulting, strategy, research, data, or insights fields
- Experience leading a team in a supervisor role
- Experience managing vendors to conduct large-scale research projects
- Strong working knowledge of research design, methodologies, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of syndicated data sources that support strategic analysis (i.e. Nielsen, Luminate, GfK/Simmons, etc.)
- Knowledge of survey management and data analysis platforms
- Discernment with the confidentiality and privacy needed with CMA’s data and ability to effectively safeguard that data
- Data visualization experience is a plus (Tableau, Power BI or similar tools)
- Experience conducting, analyzing, or interpreting research and/or data sets within international territories is a plus
- Music, media or entertainment experience is a plus
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, genetic trait, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
CMA is committed to creating lasting change by nurturing an inclusive and equitable culture. By fostering these practices in all areas of our business, we will ensure the future of our industry. We celebrate the dedication of our staff, our membership and the industry in moving Country Music forward and are committed to offering education and resources to help ensure an equitable pipeline of opportunity that continues for years to come.