Job Title: Manager, Music Rights Administration
Reports to: General Manager of Cinq Music Group
Location: Remote – located in United States
Schedule: Full Time – flexible work hours okay
Status: Exempt W2 Employee
About the company
Cinq Music Group is an independent record label, distributor, and publisher who has invested over 250M in the past 24 months on the acquisition and creation of music IP. Cinq’s repertoire of over 10,000 assets has won Grammy awards, dozens of Gold and Platinum RIAA certifications, and numerous #1s on a variety of Billboard charts. Past and present clients include heavyweights across a variety of genres such as Anuel, Daddy Yankee, Janet Jackson, Jason Derulo, PSY, Sean Kingston, T.I., and hundreds more.
We have a flexible, creative environment, and pride ourselves on offering a fun and unique place to work.
About the role
We recently raised a new round of funding and are rapidly growing in both size of catalog and headcount. We need a strong marketer to lead a great team of over 20 people and execute world class marketing campaigns for our clients and brand. You will be vital in the growth of this company where your decisions will have a significant impact at an exciting time of expansion. You will report directly to the label President and General Manager.
Cinq Music is a GoDigital Media Group company, and you will also have access to learn and interact with a variety of other world class businesses such as Mitu/NGL, YogaWorks, SoundRoyalties, and Eastern Mountain Sports.
Under the supervision of our General Manager and with the support of our international services and admin team, this position will be responsible for:
- supporting the day-to-day operations of the department and will administer all aspects of rights management for our label, distributor, and music publishing companies.
oversee all digital rights-related functions including, but not limited to, master, video, and publishing rights management, content deployment, partner asset management, internal catalog management, agreement review, copyright claims, and general quality control
- Contract administration and onboarding (recording, production, asset purchase/acquisition, distribution, publishing administration, co-publishing, etc.)
- Contract brief preparation
- LOD’s processing and follow up
- Coordinate internal onboarding processes and confirm completion
- Support our internal supply chain and digital distribution deliveries to all DSP’s
- Familiarity with Spotify, Apple/iTunes, and other audio DSP’s processes and CMS access and utilization
- YouTube CMS certification in content ownership and asset monetization preferred
- Facebook Rights Manager operations and maintenance
- Music publishing registrations with USA and Canada agencies (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, GMR, HFA, MRI, CMRRA, SOCAN, etc.), and foreign collection administrator(s). Neighboring rights deliveries and registrations with worldwide partners
- Licensing (synchronization for master use and music publishing, mechanicals, other third-party licenses, etc.) system process tracking and administration. License drafting and negotiation
- Copyright registrations, both new works (sound recordings, music videos and compositions) and assignments (short form and asset schedules)
- Conflict and counter-claim resolution and maintenance, and oversee all DMCA Takedowns and Counter-notifications processing with YouTube, SoundExchange, Neighboring Rights partners, Audio DSP’s, etc.
- Coordinate the completion, collection and processing of documentation/releases for producer, side/featured artists, video production, split sheets, label copy, etc.
- Under the guidance of our Finance team, monitor and track contractual advances and budgets
- Support the research and analysis for new deal evaluations, compile metadata and revenue reports, media files, third party agreements, etc..
- Manage and update internal right databases
- Correspond with DSP’s, labels, managers, artists, publishers, lawyers, accountants, third parties on all rights related matters. Build strategic industry relationships
- Maintain highly detailed and organized files.
- Coordinate with team of local and off shore resources. Must have experience and comfort level with remote team collaboration.
- Report department metrics and status of work to Management
- Handle business requests for rights and policy updates
This position is a direct report to the GM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Deep understanding of the U.S. Copyright landscape and general intellectual property rights
- Knowledge of label, distributor and publishing processes, databases, and technologies
- Prior experience with DDEX, CWR, EBR, and manual registration methods for the U.S. P.R.O.’s or mechanical societies a plus
- Prior experience manipulating and organizing large data sets
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Tableau, Google Docs (Docs, Sheets), SQL.
- Tech-Savvy with strong computer skills.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus.
We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes traditional benefits such as unlimited paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, tax deferred retirement plans, and access to experts in preventative care. Plus, fun items such as access to GDMG University which is our training program that is led by entertainment, music, and other industry leaders and company events/excursions.
GoDigital Media Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.