Cinq Music Group is looking for a full time Music Rights Management and Distribution Administrator in our Los Angeles Office.
Schedule: Full Time Employee with 90 Day Probationary Period. After 90 period you will be eligible for benefits including: Health Insurance, 401K & more.
Location: Playa Vista, CA
Cinq Music is a Grammy winning independent record label, music distributor, music publisher, and rights management company. From rights management to brand management, our company provides a wide range of services for our clients — using technology as the foundation, we are focused on finding innovative new ways to market and monetize every available revenue stream to maximize its value.
- Under the supervision of our General Manager and with the support of our international services and admin team, this position will responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the department and will administer all aspects of rights management for our label, distributor and music publishing companies.
- oversee all digital rights-related functions including, but not limited to, master, video, and publishing rights management, content deployment, partner asset management, internal catalog management, agreement review, copyright claims, and general quality control
- Contract administration and onboarding (recording, production, asset purchase/acquisition, distribution, publishing administration, co-publishing, etc.)
- Contract brief preparation
- LOD’s processing and follow up
- Coordinate internal onboarding processes and confirm completion
- Support our internal supply chain and digital distribution deliveries to all DSP’s
- Familiarity Spotify, Apple/iTunes, and other audio DSP’s processes and CMS access and utilization
- YouTube CMS certification in content ownership and asset monetization preferred
- Facebook Rights Manager operations and maintenance
- Music publishing registrations with USA and Canada agencies (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, GMR, HFA, MRI, CMRRA, SOCAN, etc.), and foreign collection administrator(s). Neighboring rights deliveries and registrations with worldwide partners
- Licensing (synchronization for master use and music publishing, mechanicals, other third-party licenses, etc.) system process tracking and administration. License drafting and negotiation
- Copyright registrations, both new works (sound recordings, music videos and compositions) and assignments (short form and asset schedules)
- Conflict and counter-claim resolution and maintenance, and oversee all DMCA Takedowns and Counter-notifications processing with YouTube, SoundExchange, Neighboring Rights partners, Audio DSP’s, etc.
- Coordinate the completion, collection and processing of documentation/releases for producer, side/featured artists, video production, split sheets, label copy, etc.
- Under the guidance of our Finance team, monitor and track contractual advances and budgets
- Support the research and analysis for new deal evolutions, compile metadata and revenue reports, media files, third party agreements, etc..
- Manage and update internal right databases
- Correspond with DSP’s, labels, managers, artists, publishers, accountants, third parties on all rights related matters. Build strategic industry relationships
- Maintain highly detailed and organized files.
- Coordinate with team of local and off shore resources. Must have experience and comfort level with remote team collaboration.
- Report department metrics and status of work to Management
- Handle business requests for rights and policy updates
- This position is a direct report to the GM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Deep understanding of the U.S. Copyright landscape and general intellectual property rights
- Knowledge of label, distributor and publishing processes, databases, and technologies
- Prior experience with DDEX, CWR, EBR, and manual registration methods for the U.S. P.R.O.’s or mechanical societies a plus
- Prior experience manipulating and organizing large data sets
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Google Docs (Docs, Sheets), SQL.
- Tech-Savvy with strong computer skills.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus.
If you are interested in the position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.