Chrysalis Records are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work across both our Frontline Record Label and Catalogue business. You will be working closely with the existing marketing team on a roster of your own acts and to contribute to the overall running of the department ensuring the best possible campaigns are implemented for our artists. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter with great creative and organisational skills who is focussed on detail, hard-working and loves music.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To design and implement appropriate marketing strategies for a roster of artists that enable the delivery of campaign objectives set by you and the wider team.
- To communicate with all parties involved in each project to maintain a constant flow of campaign updates including project timelines, asset deliveries and achievements. You will ensure that offices on an international basis are made aware of latest updates, assets available, project changes.
- To liaise with artist management to ensure that promotion opportunities are realised and achieved in a timely fashion. Assets required by teams Internationally are provided when required on a global basis.
- To provide adequate notification of each campaign to the internal teams at Blue Raincoat Music/Chrysalis Records and Reservoir.
- To liaise with the creative team (internal or external) ensuring that overall product design is delivered for each artist campaign to suit the creative wishes of the artist whilst at the same time meeting the business requirements for delivery on time and in budget.
- To ensure that all additional creative assets required to meet the needs of each campaign – including advertising, video production and social media assets, are produced from the original creative output and work with the aesthetic direction of each campaign.
- To the fullest extent possible communicate design briefs to both artist and manager as well as the internal team at Blue Raincoat Music/ Chrysalis Records and Reservoir.
- To assist with the identification of key creative people to work with by building and maintaining a database of contacts – photographers, designers, video makers, editors.
- To work with the SVP and EVP of marketing to determine marketing strategies for each campaign and ensure that these are devised in a specific and measurable way.
Close attention to the following elements to include –
Digital / Social
- Monitoring artist and company social media accounts to ensure that these are up to date.
- Messaging to audiences all relevant updates and utilising creative assets as and when they become available.
- Providing regular updates on growth and development across these channels utilising existing tools like Chartmetric.
- Preparing advertising campaigns where required for individual campaigns. Working with the existing advertising agencies to ensure campaigns are booked in time for effective implementation, meeting the requirements of the business, advertising creative elements are prepared for the campaign and that each campaign is monitored for effectiveness and meeting specified goals.
- Implementing new advertising techniques and ensuring an up-to-date knowledge of changes and developments within music marketing.
Sales / Distribution / Commercial Focus / Budgeting
- Work with the SVP and VP of marketing to ensure that campaign budgets are set and communicated within the team. Monitoring progress at regular intervals through liaison with the finance department.
- Understand and input to the setting of sales targets and monitoring performance against said targets with focus on both physical sales and digital streaming numbers.
- Liaise with third party distributors and sales teams to ensure goals are set and agreed and provide regular updates.
- Ensure live schedules align with the general project strategy, working closely with artist, management, live agency and promoters to ensure that touring is successful and helps drive sales objectives.
- Competitor analysis – both other labels and artist campaigns.
- Copywriting – providing copy for advertising, social media posts.
The successful candidate:
- Will have a minimum 3 years’ experience at this level.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and in budget on an international level.
- Will be an incredibly organised and creative individual willing to work closely with artist and artist management to ensure the development of strategy and execution of plans to meet sales targets and goals on a global basis.
- Will possess great inter-personal skills and an analytical outlook to ensure that metrics are monitored closely, and performance evaluated.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours and travel.
Applications are encouraged from people who believe in themselves and who want to work in a company that embraces individuals with individual needs. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone irrespective of gender, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, medical condition, or disability.
Salary depending on experience.
Email CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications Friday 4th June 2021