Job title: Music & Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
Location: London – Hybrid working practices in place – with least one/two days in the office
Choose Love does whatever it takes to provide refugees and displaced people with everything from lifesaving search and rescue boats to food and legal advice. We elevate the voices and visibility of refugees and galvanise public support for agile community organisations providing vital support to refugees along migration routes globally. We are powered by our vision of a world that chooses love and justice every day, for everyone.
This is an exciting role for someone ambitious with lots of music industry experience who would like to use their skills, network and passion to help support refugees and displaced people all over the world. Choose Love is a dynamic and reactive organisation, responding to humanitarian emergencies as well as providing long-term support, where it’s needed.
We have supported over 5 million people since we started out almost 8 years ago and there’s much more work to do. Events have been a key fundraising stream for us over the years and we’ve been part of some brilliant music events. We see this as an area of huge potential for growth and development of sustainable income, building on our recognisable brand and strong network.
This role will be the driving force for our ambitious events fundraising targets. Our events programme should reflect popular culture and help maintain and grow our brand, using popular culture to help create social change.
In addition to driving forward our music programme, the successful applicant for this role will deliver a programme of fundraising events throughout the year and be integral to the production of our Choose Love shop in Central London, in November / December.
- Develop Choose Love’s music events programme throughout the year in order to grow this fundraising stream and develop brand presence in the music industry
- Use your knowledge of the ecosystem and relationships you have as well as Choose Love’s contact base to connect with agents, management, talent, promoters and venues, as appropriate, to develop fundraising opportunities
- In addition to dedicated Choose Love events securing guest list donation opportunities and other collaborations with musicians for both fundraising and brand-building purposes
- Oversee the smooth running of events as a Choose Love representative, liaising with production teams, talent, venue, volunteers, management teams
- Work closely with the Director of partnerships on delivering events programme, which includes: Comedy, literary, film, launch events, fashion events, festival stalls and more
- Take on day to day responsibilities for venue liaison and event logistics, from a Choose Love perspective
Choose Love Shop:
- Production of the annual Choose Love pop-up shop in Central London including managing the timelines, liaising with the design / production company, with the Choose Love comms teams re messaging, with Director of Partnerships and ELT for timely approvals, coordinating printed materials, tech and launch event logistics
- Organising and coordinating events at the shop including: performances, podcast recordings, DJ sets and workshops
Essential criteria include
- 5 years of experience within music and events with a strong network of talent and music industry contacts
- Music event production experience
- Passionate about the music industry and about harnessing popular culture for social change
- Experience of generating income through music events and sponsorships
- Strong interpersonal skills for negotiating and developing and maintaining relationships
- Comfortable running with multiple projects and events simultaneously
- Willing to get stuck in with any tasks we are a small team so this goes with the territory
- Experienced in liaising with a variety of VIPs and stakeholders
- Attention to detail, highly organised
- Flexible and happy to work out of hours when needed
Desirable Criteria but not essential
- Knowledge of the charitable sector
- Able to travel, including some international when needed
People are at the heart of what we do so you will be someone who is able to share stories and facts to proactively engage businesses to secure new partnerships and manage existing corporate fundraising partnerships on behalf of Choose Love.
- Interviews will take place on week commencing 24th April 2023
To explore the opportunity further or for any queries you may have, please contact: People@choose.love.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th April 2023.
Employment with Choose Love will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- receipt of two satisfactory references
Choose Love is committed to building an inclusive and diverse organisation and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email email@example.com to discuss in further detail.
Salary: £45,000 – £52,000