CD Baby is an independent artist-services platform that makes it easy for independent musicians to distribute, promote, and monetize their distribution platform for independent artists. We empower creators to distribute their music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, Facebook, TikTok, and 150+ other platforms around the world. We manage the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the music industry and have paid out nearly $1 billion in earnings to independent artists since our inception more than 20 years ago. We’re also growing rapidly and looking for new CD Babies to join to our team!
About the Job
CD Baby is looking for an experienced paid media specialist to join its marketing team. This role will devise and execute tactics based on marketing strategies across digital advertising channels. The ideal candidate has experience managing diverse ad budgets, executing both brand-awareness and benefit-oriented campaigns, and developing channel tactics based on marketing funnel needs. It requires the keen ability to react to opportunities and threats in real time. You’ll work in collaboration with content creators and other marketing channel owners to plan, execute, analyze and iterate ideas that advance prospective clients through CD Baby’s marketing funnel. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, naturally curious, an excellent communicator, and has a proven track record of delivering digital marketing results to support business KPI goals.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own tactical development, direction, and execution of digital advertising across platforms that contribute to marketing KPI goals
- Identify opportunities for content development and make campaign recommendations based on channel performance
- Create and execute campaigns in collaboration with designers, writers, and strategists
- Compile PPC, programmatic and social reports and suggest digestible narratives to different stakeholders
- Actively measure and execute A/B split testing for ad copy, landing pages, audiences, KPIs, creative, etc., to ensure optimal campaign performance
- Conduct thorough keyword research and analysis, then make optimizations as needed
- Set up and maintain conversion tracking, retargeting pixels and other substantive marketing KPIs within Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Oversee development of landing pages to better meet and address specific marketing goals
- Manage budget across all digital advertising channels and make recommendations to achieve business goals
- Advise and consult with agency partners and vendors
- Stay up-to-date on paid advertising trends, opportunities and threats and make recommendations
- Collaborate with Marketing Directors and other CD Baby teams to discover key audience insights and build a database of relevant search terms, demographic profiles and other actionable information about target audiences
What We Are Looking for In You
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years experience in paid digital adverting at an agency or in-house
- Current Blueprint, Google Ads and Analytics Certifications
- Proficiency with Google Tag Manager, Google Ads, Facebook, programmatic DSPs, YouTube and Microsoft Ads, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to distill advertising metrics and data into actionable insights that support clear recommendations
- Track record of consistently meeting deadlines as well as colleague expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications or commensurate experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize insights and rationalize plans clearly and persuasively
- Experience with Marketing cloud automation (Hubspot), WordPress, interstitials, and SEO skills
- Experience working with artists or in the music industry
- Experience with other forms of traditional advertising
- Copywriting skills are always a plus
- Director of Marketing
- Hours are flexible, but generally 9am – 5pm Monday-Friday
- Currently fully remote due to COVID-19, but will move to hybrid-model in the future
- Dress code is “music industry casual”
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, CD Baby does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
CD Baby is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Any individual who can be reasonably accommodated for a job, without undue hardship, will be given the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The People Team is responsible for implementing this policy, including resolution of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship issues.