Join the best team in the independent music world!
CD Baby (part of AVL Digital, a Downtown Music Holdings company) is searching for a Promotions & Artist Relations Representative for the UK & European team, based in London.
This role will support weekly release campaigns, adding value to CD Baby’s most important UK & European artists, managers and labels.
The successful candidate will ideally possess existing relationships with Editorial staff at streaming services, excellent communication skills, exemplary attention to detail, and thrive with varied tasks across frequent CD Baby artist releases.
- Coordinate local digital retail relationships with Editorial teams at digital partner companies (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, YouTube etc.) in the UK & Europe
- Optimise and execute weekly local promotional pitches, consistently proving an outstanding ability to set and meet deadlines independently
- Manage relationships with key local CD Baby clients: building and adding value to artist campaigns, finding and communicating opportunities, and assisting with questions
- Track and report on release progress and results with clients, and coordinate follow-up promotions
- Support growth of client roster across AVL Digital brands (CD Baby, AdRev, FUGA, DashGo) in the UK & Europe through proactively engaging with artists, managers and labels
- Enrich CD Baby artist releases with the evangelising of AVL Digital marketing tools (Show.co, HearNow) and successful release planning
- Assist with strategic projects and priorities that serve to increase visibility for CD Baby artists
- Collaborate with manager, project & development teams to improve existing processes, introduce new features, and lead on local department projects and initiatives as required
- Demonstrate interest in new digital marketing trends, opportunities and strategising ways to benefit clients and CD Baby’s business
- Participate in kickoffs, meetings, training and projects as requested
- Strong experience working with artists and music managers as well as streaming services, in a promotional, client service, management or sales role
- Music industry network, with strong understanding of the current digital retail landscape, music licensing, and key trends affecting CD Baby and its digital partners
- Proactive approach and entrepreneurial spirit, with a passion for relationship building
- Excellent communication skills, both in a B2B and B2C environment
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised with excellent time and stress management. Ability to independently initiate tasks and follow through to completion
- Flexibility in work hours – must be able to work non-standard schedule to attend industry conference events, shows, and to generally meet the needs of artists’ releases as required
- Some travel may be required
- Based in London, UK
- Educational Requirements: University degree or equivalent
- Experience Required: Minimum 2 years of music industry experience that must include account management / promotional / marketing experience in one or more of the following environments: record label / distributor / marketing & promotions company / artist management / digital retailer / PR.