CD Baby, “By artists, for artists”. We empower independent creators to monetize and distribute their music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, Facebook, TikTok, and 150+ other platforms around the world.
Home to over 1 million artists and 9 million tracks, CD Baby has paid out over $1 billion in artist royalties since its founding in 1998. We empower emerging, niche, and amateur musicians with everything they need to successfully distribute, publish, promote, and monetize their music around the globe. Our expert guidance simplifies and streamlines the complexities of global music distribution through tools, partnerships, education, and 20+ years of community-building and advocacy. Our complete artist-services platform connects independent artists with new audiences and revenue streams so they can enjoy creative autonomy and thrive on their own terms. Founded and run by artists for artists, CD Baby exists to make success in the music business accessible to all.
About the Job
CD Baby is looking for a Digital Designer to help create savvy design solutions to help further our evolving brands, bring ideas to life and establish trends that shape the future of music distribution. You’re a highly visual thinker and communicator. Your portfolio features multiple examples of solid graphic design: layouts and composition, typography, interface and/or UI, and branding — demonstrating a strong understanding of the latest digital trends and emerging technologies. You are proactive and creative while carrying a collaborative attitude that fits well in a team environment.
Preferred candidates will be located in the Portland, Oregon metro area. While this position is remote-friendly, you must be available to work the team core business hours in the Pacific time zone.
What You’ll Do
- Conception and design of in-house marketing materials including: email imagery and layouts, website compositions for mobile and desktop, digital advertising, social media campaigns, trade show materials, and other various brand projects as needed
- Work with the Marketing team and Associate Art Director to hone art direction for digital campaign content; help craft narratives and develop unique and trendy designs
- Work with the Associate Art Director to create compelling UX and UI, as well as establishing brand guidelines, content strategy, and art direction
- Be ego-free, but also have a strong point of view that enjoys collaboration in a team environment
Who You Are
- Minimum 4-6+ years interaction/visual design experience across a variety of digital media
- Experience working on a range of brands
- Strong understanding and proficiency in the Adobe creative suite. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign fluency is required
- Exceptional design aesthetic and typography skills highlighted by a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience in After Effects and video editing is a major plus for this role
- Other skills and experience relevant to this role: Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress, Figma/Adobe XD, print design processes, and file management. Please note: All are beneficial, none are required
- Digital agency experience is a plus, but not required
- Associate Art Director
- Hours are flexible depending on the time zone, but generally 9 AM – 5 PM (Pacific), Monday – Friday
- Currently fully remote due to COVID-19, but will move to hybrid-model in the future
- Working at a desk (80%)
- Working in a group environment (20%)
- Dress code is “music industry casual”