Are you passionate about music? Join the best team in the independent music world! CD Baby (a Downtown Music Holdings company) the world’s largest digital distribution platform for independent artists. We empower creators to distribute their music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon Music, Facebook, TikTok and 150+ other platforms around the world. We manage the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the music industry, and have paid out in excess of £75m in earnings to independent artists since our inception more than 20 years ago.
We’re growing and looking for new CD Babies to join our team! Are you passionate about music and seeking an opportunity to work in an industry where your passion and career can be one in the same? Do you truly enjoy helping others? If you’re excited by the idea of helping independent artists make a living doing what they love, then CD Baby could be the place for you.
About the Job:
As a Bilingual Artist Services Representative (Fluent in a second European language) you’ll provide world class support to independent artists, connecting them to the right resources to maximize the revenue generated from their music. You’ll gain foundational knowledge and industry experience in a multitude of topics such as publishing administration, copyright, sync licensing, and promotional tools to name a few! On top of that, you’ll work in a casual, dedicated, and fun environment with other creatives just like YOU.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Answer emails and live chats from artists regarding publishing administration, copyright, sync licensing, and promotional tools and MORE.
- Return Call Back requests from Artists regarding the same topics. No sales, only support for their specific concerns.
- Answer artists questions regarding their accounts, album/single sign-ups, release timelines, and accounting activity.
- Reliability and flexibility – must be on time, have good attendance and efficiency when switching tasks.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be fluent in a second European language
- Must have excellent communication, language, and verbal skills
- Must have solid professional writing skills
- Must be professional and friendly in all communication areas
- Pay close attention to details
- Must have good computer skills and accurate typing skills of 30-40 wpm minimum
- Copyright, publishing, and music industry knowledge a plus
- Positive attitude
- Level of knowledge about Artist & Customer related issues & questions
- Ongoing learning about CD Baby, Music Industry, and Artist and Customer issues
University degree OR commensurate experience
Minimum 1-year customer service-related experience