Join the best team in the independent music world! CD Baby is now searching for Artist and Label relations Representative to help grow the visibility of CD Baby’s platform within European territories.
Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills and thrive within a non-standard work schedule which allows for frequent travel to trade shows, industry events, and meetings with artists and DSPs in the EU and United States.
- Based in London
- Educational Requirements: As a minimum, College Degree or Equivalent
- Experience Required: Minimum 2 years of music industry experience (experience in one or more of the following environments: record label, artist management, digital retailer, PRO; band/music promotion and PR).
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Responsible for owning & growing relationships with select CD Baby digital partner companies on a daily basis as it relates to general account management, promoting & highlighting priority releases, including proactively pitching for placements, securing required assets from account managers, and meeting all necessary deadlines as they arise
- Managing relationships on a daily basis with key client account managers as measured by sales volume, identified by department manager and/or considered a priority to CD Baby, including communicating opportunities between CD Baby & account manager, assisting with questions & troubleshooting as appropriate, and meeting all necessary deadlines as they arise
- Maintaining accurate & complete records, including data entry as required, securing and performing quality assurance on album/single metadata & assets prior to delivery to digital partner companies, and a release calendar as appropriate
- Possessing a firm understanding of iTunes Style Guidelines & striving to ensure all key account submissions adhere to its requirements
- Flexibility in work hours – must be able to work non-standard schedule to attend trade shows, industry events, and to generally meet the needs of client account managers as necessary. Some travel may be required.
- Collaborating with manager, project teams and members of the IT team to improve existing process, introduce new features, as well as lead department projects & initiatives as needed
- Consistently prove an outstanding ability to set and meet deadlines independently while exhibiting a high-level of initiative in both researching & implementing new marketing & promotional opportunities, as well as retaining & increasing CD Baby’s key accounts
- Ability to identify and anticipate both present and future music industry change & effectively communicate to manager how it may impact CD Baby’s business
- Assisting with strategic projects and priorities that, inter alia, serve to increase visibility for CD Baby artists (whether individual or catalog-wide), maintain or earn a competitive advantage in the industry, and/or attract high volume clients to the CD Baby platform
- Follow proper security guidelines to ensure safety procedures are followed according to company policies
- Supporting continuous improvement, LEAN, and other process improvement/efficiency efforts
- Participating in kickoffs, meetings, training, and projects as requested
- Establishing and maintaining clean and safe workstation and other work areas
- Assisting and collaborating with other departments when appropriate
- Completing other projects and tasks as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with some HTML/XML experience
- Excellent communication skills, both in a b2b and b2c environment
- Strong attention to details, highly organized & extremely motivated
- Ability to self-manage & multi-task with a proactive approach to balancing & prioritizing workload in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Robust & ongoing understanding of the music industry, including music licensing, copyright law & key trends affecting CD Baby & its digital partners
- Positive attitude with excellent time & stress management