Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 24 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
We are seeking a Junior Copyright Controller to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
What you’ll do
- Working mainly across neighbouring rights you’ll ensure all our clients are set up correctly and efficiently by completing forms for PPL and SoundExchange, as well as PRS, MCPS and other collection societies;
- Administer PRS Live;
- Administer the receipt and organisation of royalty statements, both paper and electronically;
- Liaise with our clients and artists to ensure signature and execution of contracts & documents;
- As a highly organised, efficient individual you will ensure effective and proactive management of high-profile clients’ repertoire registration and collection with the appropriate collecting societies;
- You will also have the opportunity to assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills & Qualifications you may have
- Working knowledge of recording and publishing companies and collection societies;
- Ability to interpret agreements; and 2 years+ working at music industry firm or similar.
Who you’ll be
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to follow projects through to completion;
- Good use of time management;
- Friendly, helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Good knowledge of Counterpoint Record Maestro or similar royalties software;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to produce royalty statements to an acceptable standard; to include:
- Correct rates and deductions
- Appropriate presentation
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients:
- Client Meetings (e.g. presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Telephone Conversations
- Structured Written Correspondence (e-mails / letters), which may cover several distinct but related issues.
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to [email protected]