Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as
part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
Capitol Music Group is seeking a Team Coordinator to provide administrative support to the Caroline SVP of Promo, located in NY, NY, as well as, additional Caroline team support duties.
The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and have experience supporting an SVP, GM or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. Multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Manage the schedule
o Set up meetings, conference calls
o Coordinate incoming meeting requests and prioritize
- Manage the office
o Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
o Arrange meetings via telephone and email/Microsoft Outlook Calendar
o Greet meeting participants
- Handle administrative duties
o Process travel & entertainment expenses
o Book travel, accommodations, car services
o Order and set-up food service for meetings
o Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
o Archive emails, maintain current/prospective labels electronic folders
o Create and maintain presentations and other project work as assigned
- Further duties related to
o Manage budgets/Uniport reserves/invoice payments
o Generate daily/weekly reports (Mediabase, Neilsen Connect, Soundscan, Buzz Angle, Shazam, etc)
o Coordinate label meetings/calls for team
o Manage Caroline team inventory (merch/misc)
o Manage Ticketing/Guest List requests
o Company credit card
o Office supplies
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Music or entertainment experience is required.
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.