Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
The Caroline Production department manages production & distribution of third-party label content through UMG’s physical and digital supply chains. Working in collaboration with the larger Caroline team, the Senior Director will oversee, coordinate and manage all production aspects relating to Caroline’s release schedule; managing label onboarding, staff trainings, product setup and milestone tracking with all third-party label groups.
How you’ll CREATE:
Product Setup & Scheduling:
- Management of initial new item setup & maintenance within UMG Business Systems – Atlas, R2, Legacy, Milestone, DIGS & Release Workspace
- Communicate to responsible parties pending activities / issues requiring resolution
- Manage expectations and feasibility of requests and ensure regular updates are communicated to the Labels, Caroline team and UMG Supply Chain
- Maintain delivery deadlines to ensure all content meets the requested street date
- Artwork review for physical releases ensuring all files meet required specifications
- Manage any catalog transfers when onboarding and/or offboarding a label partner
- Liaise with the UMG Digital Supply Chain to ensure that content and data sent into the Supply Chain meets the required delivery standards of UMG delivery process
- Delivery of physical release elements to manufacturing vendors through delivery to distribution
- Managing physical production timelines with Supply Chain
- Working with vendors for special manufacturing and packaging requirements and negotiating costs
- Coordination with Label Personnel and UMG Operations functional groups on all relevant production issues
- Troubleshooting and problem solving on production related issues
- Provide hands-on training for new Caroline Labels and internal staff and assist with ongoing client support priorities.
- Maintain relationships with supply chain leads for various partners to address issues in a timely manner
- Act as a source of guidance for labels/vendors on all Caroline production procedures and best practices, including packing guidelines, solicitation deadlines, services, and tools.
Overall Caroline Operations:
- Develop and update internal processes to improve client experience and relations.
- Work closely with Caroline Team Leads on upcoming release plans, timelines and delivery
- Demonstrate good judgement on issues requiring escalation and communicate effectively with internal and external executive teams
- Manage production label roster across team members
- Overseeing release schedule, ensuring team is delivering on required tasks and meeting milestones
- Works closely with Department Head on team development & operational improvements
- As part of Caroline’s Sr. Staff, have knowledge of and represent all production issues and applicable solutions
- Manage all Production Team members, including day-to-day operations, performance management, career development and employee relations issues
Bring your VIBE:
- Excellent time management, plans the timing of tasks in order to always meet set objectives
- Minimal direction and monitoring required in order to support the organisation and structure
- Delivers what is promised, even when obstacles arise
- Can confidently make difficult decisions
- Attends and leads meetings and training when required
- Follows and offers improvements on relevant workflow and business processes
Management and Leadership Skills:
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior leaders and executives at Caroline, Capitol Music Group and Universal Music Group
- Proven success with context-setting, storytelling and presentation of relevant information and key business plans to senior and executive leadership
- Commits expertise in writing in a convincing and engaging manner
- Effective communication skills and personal style
- Maintains good relationships within immediate team and broader range of internal and external contacts
- Able to challenge constructively and face conflict
- Solid technical expertise in production area, keeps up to date with current thinking
- 5+ years of previous production management experience as a Sr. Director level or above, leading a team of at least 3-5 people
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Photoshop or other design experience a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o2Zuefwt&s=MBW