You will co-ordinate and help manage in an efficient and timely way, the release of Caroline UK projects, both physically and digitally from inception to completion, working closely with the UK Label Head at all times.
You will initiate, plan and coordinate the creative marketing of the projects that you are assigned from inception to release in full. It is expected that the majority of releases assigned to this role will be urban genre but not exclusively so.
- Prepare a timeline and write a marketing plan for each project in conjunction with Label Head.
- Maintain an up-to-date budget on each project in conjunction with the Label Head.
- Work with artists and managers to come up with an agreed creative direction, including but not limited to video commissioning, artwork commissioning, photo shoots and general asset creation, such as
- EPK’s and online content.
- Work closely with Label Head and artwork designer to deliver the artwork as the artist has approved, including thorough artwork checks.
- Source label copy, working with production to bring the product to market to the correct spec and on budget.
- Communicate with 3rd party team and internal team on all elements of the project and progress of the campaign; including organising regular team meetings, taking and distributing notes and following up on action points raised in conjunction with the Label Head.
- Work with the Label Head on planning and creative concepts for campaign advertising and then following through with external media agencies and the internal digital media agency (Fused) regarding delivery of ads and artwork for TV, outdoor, print and digital campaigns.
- Liaise with the Caroline digital marketing team and artist management on creative ideas for the artist’s online and social media presence, D2C store, website and asset creation, ensuring Caroline digital campaigns always incorporate the latest innovations formats and platforms to connect artists with audiences and artist website and social media remain up-to-date and on message at all times.
- Update the commercial sales team on all project developments and supplying them with the tools they need to best sell our products e.g. POS/exclusives/D2C bundles/artwork and accurate sales notes.
- Liaise with the promo team on all UK artist promo runs including radio sessions, TV performances, press interviews, ensuring that costs are closely managed within budget and making travel and logistical arrangements (gear hire etc), as required.
- Liaise with international marketing team to keep them up to date on the progress of all UK projects.
- Liaise with artist management and the internal sales team on tour stock orders for live dates, ensuring all stock is ordered in a timely manner for shows and where possible, barcode scanners are supplied so that sales can be UK chart eligible.
- Plan ticket buys for London and regional shows and festivals, in consultation with the Label Head and liaising with the Marketing Assistant on guest-lists, ensuring there is an adequate provision for all key senior management, promo, marketing, sales, synch and brand partnership team members and their clients.
- Plan and organise regular campaign planning meetings for active projects, including preparing a meeting agenda and debriefing with the Label Head in advance of the meeting.
- Assist Caroline to maximise promotional and marketing opportunities for all the artists, by keeping abreast of all new developments both inside and outside the industry that could help us to maximise sales.
- Passion for UK and US urban music.
- Previous relevant experience in the music industry.
- Good understanding of the release process within a major label.
- Understanding of how UK music marketing works.
- Relevant marketing and creative contacts.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Efficient and able to work independently to a high standard.
- Highly organised.
- The ability to learn quickly and use own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Flexible and able to prioritise a large workload.
- Hard working and enthusiastic team player.
- Self-motivated with the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more interesting aspects of the role.
- Keen to develop within the field of marketing.
- Passion for contemporary culture and creative work relevant to Caroline’s roster e.g. artwork and packaging design, photography, music video.
- Record company experience, particularly in production and or digital/social media area would be an advantage.
- An established contact network within the UK urban music scene would be an advantage also.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.