Globe is the home for creative and commercial partnerships, sync and production at Universal Music; the Globe team help companies to navigate the world of music and provide creative solutions for brands of all sizes.
Caroline International is Universal Music Group’s artist and label services arm, providing marketing, promotional, sales and distribution support for a diverse roster including Wolf Tone (Glass Animals, The Horrors), Communion (Bear’s Den, Lucy Rose, Joseph J. Jones), Glassnote (Childish Gambino, Jade Bird, IDER), Fiction (Nick Mulvey, The Amazons, Pumarosa, The Big Moon), Arts & Crafts (Liza Anne, JM Blais), Concord/Loma Vista (St Vincent, Marilyn Manson, Manchester Orchestra, Sylvan Esso, Denzel Curry, DJDS), Strainge Entertainment (Trippie Redd), Van Morrison, Steven Wilson, Tracey Thorn, Gaz Coombes, Sharna Bass and more.
This role will be based at Caroline’s office (Sarm Music Village, Ladbroke Grove) 3 days per week and at The Globe/Universal Music (High Street Kensington) 2 days per week.
The duties assigned to the Creative Licensing Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for pitching Caroline songs / artists / related creative ideas to our clients for TV Adverts, Films, Computer Games and UK / US TV Shows.
- This will be done directly to Advertising agencies, Music Supervisors, Trailer Houses, Games Companies, and freelance producer and directors as well as in response to briefs.
- Liaising with clients and artists to deliver bespoke musical compositions for advertising campaigns.
- Attending label meetings, individual artist planning meetings and providing ad-hoc sync reports for the marketing teams.
- Liaise with Marketing, A&R and artist management to ensure we have most up to date assets for all of our artists.
- Sustaining and nurturing client relationships with Music Supervisors, Advertising Agencies and all of our contacts.
- Setting up meetings and going in-house to pitch songs to clients and obtain new briefs.
- Marketing and ‘selling’ the roster via email and social media.
- Liaising with Product Managers in order to deliver music to clients at the earliest possible stage
- Quickly developing knowledge of the Caroline master catalogue, including which artists will do what and which will clearly quickly if required. Attending gigs with clients on a weekly basis.
- Regularly attending Caroline artist gigs, communicating diary dates for shows well in advance to ensure the shows are attended by the strongest possible list of relevant supervisors, agencies and contacts.
- Generating ideas for and organising Caroline showcases or multi-artist events to help grow and develop Caroline’s synch business.
- Liaising closely with the UMG UK Brand Partnerships team and the Caroline marketing team to ensure any opportunities for dual brand and synch partnerships are pitched for and explored.
- Previous experience working in a creative role either within the music or sync related industry.
- A broad knowledge of the Caroline roster music as well as a keen interest in Film and TV.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Passion for music both new and old and be willing to attend gigs with clients regularly.
- Able to quickly pick up the catalogue.
- Strong communicator with excellent people skills.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.