Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
Caroline is looking for a Director, Promotion West Coast Regional to build and develop relationships with determined radio outlets throughout the US West Coast in order to seek and secure airplay, promotional, & marketing opportunities.
Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio and its related media to enhance the exposure of our artists, and increase revenues for the company.
- Work with music radio station programmers in a specified region of the US West Coast to seek and secure airplay, increased spins, and promotional opportunities for Caroline artist releases.
- Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio to contribute to the priorities and goals of the department.
- Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
- Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationship with radio station programmers in specified region to acquire airplay for artists.
- Maximize airplay and implement creative and innovative promotional opportunities to achieve a record’s greatest chart potential and audience impact.
- Monitor e-mail and voice mail and respond in a timely manner to radio & media personnel as well as national staff inquiries involving artist or song activity in the market.
- Contact stations on a weekly basis.
- Promote new and current singles through radio station contacts and relationship building.
- Implement on air promotions for artists
- Devise promotion plays for region to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
- Act as liaison with stations for local contests and promotions.
- Generate weekly tracking logs.
- Radio, Promotion, Marketing and/or sales background a plus
- Relationship building and maintaining
- Negotiation and persuasiveness
- Vast knowledge of music radio and artists.
- Travel may be required.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- College degree or equivalent career experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here