Senior Content Manager – your next step in digital distribution
You are the main contact for our partners (labels, artist, management), the DSPs and your colleagues. You quality-control newly uploaded releases and – in close communication with our partners – prepare metadata and/or product infos for delivery to the DSPs. You are on top of all procedures and put together best-practice guidelines for our partners in order to minimize or address errors in a timely manner.
You solve data conflicts quickly and correct metadata if necessary. You create landing pages for presave/preorder links, post release links and are knowledgable when it comes to our partners’ content strategies on UGC-platforms. You pro-actively advise our physical label managers in regards to release strategies, have an eye on the back catalogue and steadily optimize the data sets. New partners love your competent onboarding (set-up, integrations etc.) and your confident, pro-active problem solving skills.
You are a confident interlocutor to our technical partners AudioSalad and Curve and are happy to troubleshoot and develop our collaboration. You are interested in current tech trends and developments and are happy to tackle new challenges arising from this.
- You have 2-5 years’ previous experience in a digital distribution environment.
- You have a sound knowledge of metadata and the DSPs’ various delivery guidelines and style guides and have already established personal contacts with most DSPs’ teams.
- You know about the complexities and peculiarities of metadata.
- You have already worked in a direct deal/MERLIN deal set-up.
- You work independently, take responsibility and are able to keep deadlines.
- You act rather than react, you are a problem-solver and have an eye for detail.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills in Englisch and German and have no problem communicating across departments and companies. Maybe you even speak/write additional languages?
- You love discovering music, whether on a playlist or on a turntable.
- You are happy to connect internationally and represent Cargo Digital on international tradefairs and panels (Reeperbahn Festival, c/o pop, New York Indie Week, SXSW…)
- PLUS: You have worked in a leading role before, have experience in DSP marketing, know your way around the YouTube CMS and have YouTube certifcates.
What we offer:
- a self-dependent leading role in a rapidly developing future market – an ideal role to develop new personal and professional skill-sets
- a flat hierarchy and eye-to-eye communication
- free choice of work location – remote desktop, cloud technologies, meeting tool – regularly touching base in the Wuppertal offices in Germany
- offices in Wuppertal and Hamburg, Germany
- the possibility to build and lead a team
- coverage of working material and travel costs
- networking, work meetings and team events in Wuppertal
- free FitX subscription or JobRad (when based in Germany)
- we are open for new ideas
We exclusively welcome colleagues who value musical and social diversity. Should you be the new colleague enhancing our digital presence in the market and giving the utmost support to our artists and labels, we cannot wait to receive your application! Please send the usual paperwork including a short motivational paragraph, a possible starting date and a first salary expectation to Birte Wiemann. We are looking forward to hearing from you!