Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Astralwerks and Capitol’s generations of pop stars to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Sr. Director of Streaming Strategy, focusing on both Hip Hop and R&B genres. This role will focus on streaming growth, playlisting strategy, and promoting our new releases across all DSPs (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc.). This role will be responsible for building strong relationships at our partners, analyzing data, and developing/optimizing our streaming strategy across our labels’ releases with primary focus on playlisting and product strategies.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Primarily responsible for working with DSP/Streaming partners for placement and maximization of Capitol releases to appropriate playlists within the DSP platforms (i.e., Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube, etc).
- Primary focus is US playlists but will also be responsible for understanding global playlisting impact in US and will help to communicate and work in tandem with our International team to strategize and formulate international plans and efforts.
- Develop strong relationships across our streaming partners; working with our DSP partners to drive message and release strategy utilizing marketing, cultural capital and data to drive consumption of our repertoire
- Work in collaboration with Capitol commerce team and account leads to align streaming strategy with overall account strategy for each artist releases.
- Effectively communicate insights, analysis, opportunities, and recommendations with partners to improve our business; this communication will occur both internally, to our artists/management partners and to DSP partners.
- Use consumer insights and analytics to inform effective playlisting initiatives, commercial and marketing decisions
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in a label sales/commercial team, digital partner, or a related digital content industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on executive-level presentation skills, relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
- Expertise with all commercial models within the digital landscape, including streaming, social media and user-generated content models
- Experience dealing with commercial platforms and DSP’s as well as content and repertoire owners
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and platforms, consumer trends and product consumption in the evolving music industry
- Proven innovative thinker with experience in marketing practices and growing and acquiring audience
- Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media and content marketing strategy coupled with the ability to communicate strategy, drive artist growth and maximize revenue
- Extremely well-organized with superior time management skills
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Must have numerous key contact/relationships across key divisions of Apple, Spotify, Amazon, YT etc.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
- Strong communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oncrhfw1&s=MBW