Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few.
We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is seeking a Director of Publicity with ideally 5 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry. Working under the department head of Publicity, the candidate will create and implement PR campaigns for releases across Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown Records, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records and Capitol Christian Music Group, as well as Capitol Studios and the company’s independent distribution and label services arm, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Tower.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Spearhead individualized PR campaigns for artist releases, across all phases.
- Formulate comprehensive press strategy, pitch outreach and secure artist features across key media (broadcast/national/regional/digital/etc.).
- Implement television campaigns including both daytime and late-night opportunities.
- Secure and oversee artist media interviews, photo shoots and events.
- Create and compile press materials, write press releases, bios, select artist press images.
- Prepare detailed press reports as needed.
- Manage artist tools, coordinate music servicing/mailings etc. to support artist campaign initiatives
- Additional PR department duties include maintaining press database, mailing lists, invoice processing and booking artist travel.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry working at a record label, independent public relations firm and/or management company.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, social media platforms.
- The position requires a creative and resourceful self-starter.
- Established relationships with key media, journalists and television bookers are a must.
- Ability to identify and capitalize on news-making opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal skills, and experience with all forms of PR communications.
- Creativity, strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Candidate is detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to travel and attend evening concerts/events during the week/weekends as needed.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer