Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, I.R.S. Records Nashville, Priority Records, Atom Factory, Electromagnetic Recordings and Evolve Music Group, as well as Capitol Studios and the company’s independent label services and distribution division, Caroline.
Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower. Artists that record for CMG labels include: Katy Perry, The Beatles, Norah Jones, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Mary J. Blige, Sam Smith, Lil Yachty, Beck, Jon Bellion, Ne-Yo, Annie Lennox, 5 Seconds of Summer, Emeli Sandé, Bastille, Capital Cities, Kem, Rod Stewart, Robert Glasper, Ryan Adams, The Decemberists, Rosanne Cash, Don Henley, Bob Seger and The Beach Boys, among many others.
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Senior Manager of Marketing to be a part of Capitol Global Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA. This role will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the VP and SVP’s of Global Marketing.
- Create and implement full release strategies on priority and key projects
- Attend planning and scheduling meetings as required
- Ensure the timely delivery of all tools (digital, video, photography, promotional materials)
- Review marketing plans from the international markets on priority releases and respond accordingly
- Coordinate & manage global catalog marketing campaigns utilizing editorial, social & d2c opportunities and being aware of new opportunities afforded by emerging technology
- Manage artists’ schedules and promotional activities on releases
- General problem solving for domestic and international affiliates for all aspects of releases entailing communication with Legal, Supply Chain, Digital, Sales, Licensing, etc.
- Forge strong working relationships with Artist Management, Marketing colleagues and A&R Departments across Capitol
- Ensure that budgets are adhered to on marketing campaigns
- Ensure all necessary shared documentation is kept up-to-date. This will include ensuring start memos and product notifications are completed for releases and the USM release schedule is kept fully up-to-date
- Establish appropriate communication channels within the priorities team and the Company to ensure relevant information/knowledge is shared
- Maintain strong working relationships with Capitol departments and all territories
- Monitor projects and provide regular detailed written reports as determined by the VP
- Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and able to build excellent professional working relationships
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
- Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organization (upwards and downwards)
- Comfortable using data & insights to help inform decision making
- Knowledge of the domestic, international and digital marketplaces and how they are evolving
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to deal with problems as they may arise
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Prepared to travel as required
- Must have strong music industry relationships
- Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on)
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- Advanced level artist relations experience
- 4+years experience in music industry marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/universalmusicgroup/job/oDqT6fwM