Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few.
We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
The chance to join the world’s most iconic music company as an A&R does not come up very often!
We are currently looking for creative executives with a passion for hip-hop and R&B music to join our A&R team at Capitol Records and oversee the full artist cycle, from scouting to signing to recording to marketing.
The successful candidate will work to grow our artist roster and deliver songs and other opportunities for our artists.
The ideal A&R candidate will be highly creative but have a strong business sense, communication skills, and follow through.
They will be an expert in hip-hop and R&B and have a deep understanding of and relationships with those genres’ key players and marketplace trends. They will have forward thinking ideas on how to select and guide artists to commercial success. These position(s) will be LA-based.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Identify and sign new talent for Capitol Records
- Manage the recording process and coordinate with all parties involved such as producers, writers, mixers, etc.
- Actively source and build relationships with new artists, managers, lawyers, independent labels, tastemakers, and gatekeepers.
- Assist A&R efforts on existing label artists by sourcing and developing hit tracks, songs, and other ideas from writers and producers.
- Manage the production/recording costs budget and negotiations with third parties.
- Support the creation of all music.
Bring your VIBE:
- Unstoppable work ethic.
- Passion for music discovery and the creative process.
- Expert understanding of the music marketplace, with specific focus on hip hop and R&B.
- Strong network of relationships with artists, managers, producers, songwriters, and tastemakers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the recording process.
- In touch with current trends and digital media.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.